Chapter 185 - 186

Start from the beginning

“Hahaha, how can Xi Ze not feel how beautiful He Chaoman is? I don’t believe it! Unless he is gay!”

The two reporters smiled at each other and didn’t take this joke to heart.

He Chaoman didn’t disclose her relationship with Xi Ze because she didn’t want to be tied too much to him. Due to the fact that she had her mother’s surname, no one though that He Chaoman would actually be Xi Ze’s little aunt.

Despite there being not much news about the two of them in the past few years, there were still speculations. After all, Xi Ze wasn’t close to anyone (because his vision was too high) and He Chaoman never had any dating news (because she was always at home). If they didn’t get together, who would they be with?

“Oh yes, I’ve found that Ming Yu’s news have always been related to Xi Ze in the past year.” A small reporter suddenly thought. “For example, the RAmer Charity Gala and Xi Ze always seems to be at Ming Yu’s fashion shows!”

Another reporter waved his hand and didn’t care. “It is because those are occasions that Xi Ze must attend. What is strange about it?”

“Oh, yes…”

Near 7 o’clock, Xi Ze linked arms with He Chaoman. The two of them whispered together as they walked to their seats. In other people’s eyes, they seemed to have a good relationship as they walked and chatted. In fact, they were talking about—

“Aren’t you slightly jealous that this is the first end-end show Ming Yu is participating in as an opening model?”

“Why? Jealous of what?”

“Jealous that it isn’t your show.”

Xi Ze gave a slight smile and said, “This is just the beginning. I have many more days with him.”

Everyone was seated and at exactly 7 o’clock, the lights in the venue were instantly extinguished. There was no light apart from the ones below the stage. This sudden darkness didn’t surprise any of the guests present. It was because in the next moment, 16 dim lamps were lit on both sides of the stage.

Yes, they were lamps not lights.

These 16 emerald glazed lanterns were modelled after the oldest octagonal lanterns in Huaxia. They had a three-layered overlapping structure and the shape of the eight sides were polygons. The 16 lamps were lifted on a white-jade like platform, exactly 10cm above the height of the stage, and sparkled with a hazy light.

There were just 16 lamps. Naturally, it was impossible for them to illuminate the entire show. There were also eight high-wattage spotlights from above, merely lighting up the stage but not the surrounding seats. It made the audience in the dark feel a classic and elegant atmosphere. It felt like they could hear the gurgling sound of bridge water.

The theme of Yizhi’s high-end show was ‘5,000 Years.’

These words were simple and many foreigners probably only thought it was a number. But the people of Huaxia immediately thought of the 5,000 glorious years of Huaxia culture.

In the quiet venue, the mottled bamboo shadows swayed on the background wall. The clear and smooth background sounds of flowing water gradually flowed up, enveloping the hearts of the audience and smoothing out any anxiety.

Standing behind the background wall, there was a tall and handsome male model and several Yizhi designers.

One of the designers in the first row nodded at the youth. The latter smiled and didn’t hesitate to step out.

Once Ming Yu appeared on the stage, his original smile had disappeared.

There was no expression on the young man’s handsome face. He seemed like a god on a frosty day as he walked calmly among the 16 lanterns. His long black hair was fixed to the left with hair gel, revealing the bright and white face and delicate ears.