Dance with the devil

Harper

As we kissed, sparks flew everywhere. Nothing mattered in the world except for us.

Hesitantly, we pulled away. He rested his forehead against mine. Our breaths were breathed at the same pace. Our hearts beat at the same time.

We both had to catch our breaths.

"Would you care for a dance M'lady?" I nodded, unable to speak. My mind still registering everything. The things I told him.

My feelings for you will die when this flower withers away.

The fake bouquet of fake flowers would never die, therefore my feelings will last forever.

That was unnecessarily cheesy and cliche however there was absolutely no false statement there.

He grabbed my hand and placed in on his chest. He slid his hands down to my waist and he started waltzing with me.

I laughed and put my other hand on his shoulder. There was no music but we still danced under the dim light of the sun going off to sleep.

I felt happier than ever right now, in this moment.

It was now that I knew, my heart, my soul, rested within him. The fate of my love for him lay in the palm of his hand.

I looked up at him, hoping my eyes told him everything he needed to know. I poured my emotions into my smile.

He stared stared down at me, his eyes filling with that same warmth.

It took everything in me to not say the words 'I love you.' The words I've been longing to tell him.

We danced together under the now moonlight, the stars that covered the sky, speaking out loud our bizarre thoughts. I would do anything in my power to make what we have last forever.

I would never forget and let go of the moments like this we had spent together.

I will forever cherish them.

I sighed, "Have you ever thought about what you'd look like in the future?" he shrugged in response, "Well I have. A lot actually."

"Why's that? Scared you'll become a wrinkly raisin?"

The correct term would be a wrinkly grape since raisins are already wrinkled.

"Is there any other kind." I raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled. "You're beautiful now, you'll grow to be even more beautiful later on."

I know.

That was pretty smooth though.

"Stop, you're making me blush." I made my voice sound a pitch higher. His lips twitched upwards into a half smile.

"If I turned old and wrinkly, would you still think I'm handsome?" he asked.

"Yes. You could never be ugly."

"Good to know. You better not be lying." I snickered.

"I'm an honest person." he gave me a look, hearing the playful sarcasm in my voice, "You know, I don't only like you because I think you're handsome."

"Why else do you like me?" I sighed deeply.

"You're extremely intelligent, it's scary. You always find a way to bring a smile to my face even when I'm feeling down. You make me laugh. You listen to me. You just understand me. I love your smile and laugh. Oh and your eyes. They're beautiful. And I think you're the most amazing person to have ever existed, well second to me."