Bakery

Harper

I walked into the bakery I worked at, it's called Dalesio's. With my brother trailing after me.

He sat down by the counter on a stool and took out his ipad or whatever and busied himself. I told him I'd bring something for him to eat later.

My manager, Camille, greeted me. I smiled at her and walked over to the back. I worked in the kitchen.

Here we go again.

I grabbed an apron and got all the ingredients that I needed. On today's menu was cannoli, blueberry tarts, cookies, mini donuts and chocolate cake.

I decided to start with the chocolate cake. Easiest first I guess.

I prepared the batter for the cake, then I poured it into a circular tray, next I placed it in the oven.

After I cleaned up a little, I started making the dough for the mini donuts. Once that was ready, I rolled them into, well, mini donuts and put them on a tray.

I was about to turn on the deep fryer when,

"Harper! Come here!" Camille yelled from the front. I sighed and quickly washed my hands, took off my apron and walked over to the front.

I noticed that standing beside Camille was a girl, maybe my age, or a little older. She was absolutely gorgeous.

You know maybe I could ask for her-

I offered her a smile, as went over to them. She looked at me and grinned.

"Myana." she said, extending out her hand. I shook hers. I already liked her.

"Harper." I said, she nodded and Camille guided us over to a table.

"What about my shift?" I asked her, she shook her head.

"This will be your break. You work to much." she said, I laughed but complied.

Camille was gushing about how exited she was about something. Apparently Myana was getting married but they way she talked about her fiancé, sounded almost forced? I don't know, it really isn't any of my business.

Dang. She's already taken.

The door opened, rather abruptly, and in walked Ace and some other tall man.

What the fuck?

The other customers stopped what they were doing and the entire cafe was silent for a moment.

I had to bite my lip to suppress a laugh. And I'm going to be completely honest with you, it was kind of funny.

Ace scanned the room and his eyes landed on me. I immediately looked away and nervously fiddled with the hem of my apron.

Then, everything was normal again, thank god.

I glanced at my brother, who was still sitting there, doing I don't know what. He signalled me that he was hungry. I groaned internally.

Brothers, right?

I sighed and excused myself.

Walking back into the kitchen, I grabbed a plate and filled it with fruits and some pastries, and I made an iced tea and brought it to Eliot. I placed it on the table in front of him and he finally looked up.

"Thanks." he said, I nodded and looked through his backpack and pulled out his homework.

"Do your homework." I told him, he groaned.