Friends

Harper

The waiter placed our food on the table and left again. I immediately grabbed the chopsticks and Ace did too and was clearly confused.

"How?" he asked.

"Here watch me." I placed the chopsticks in my hand and showed him how. He did what I did and was slowly getting the hang of it.

"See." he nodded and I showed him how to grab food with it. It was funny watching him struggle.

"Am I doing it right?" he asked, I nodded, watching him pick up a sushi roll and he put it into his mouth.

"Is it good?" I said. He finished one and then picked up another one.

"Yeah." I grinned and grabbed one, dipping it into the soy sauce.

"You're supposed to put it in there?" he asked, I hummed in response as I took a sip of my mocha milk tea.

"Try this." I said, handing him my drink. He took a sip and his eyes widened in surprise making me laugh.

"So?" I said, he was about to take another sip but I took my drink back. He gave me a cold look to which I made a kissy face at him and took another sip.

"What is the chewy stuff?" he asked.

"Tapioca bubbles."

"It's kind of good."

"Here now eat this." I said, sliding over the plate of Mochi over to him.

"Why is squishy?" he said, poking it with the chopsticks. I laughed at his cluelessness.

"Just try it." I told him, picking up one with my chopsticks, taking a bite.

"It's so good." I said, my voice sounding muffled as I chewed. He chuckled and took a bite as well.

"It has mango ice cream in it." I said, he nodded and seemed to be really liking it.

"It's really good." he said finally.

"I knew you'd like it!"

"Didn't you make something like this for the bakery?" he asked, I this time I was surprised, surprised that he knew that.

What the fuck?

"How do you know that?" I questioned, looking at him sceptically.

"I just do." he said, mimicking what I said to him earlier.

"That's creepy." I pointed out. He shrugged.

"I go there often." he reasoned. What?

"Really?" he nodded, seeming a little disappointed I didn't notice. Only I did notice, well sometimes. I worked in the kitchen and rarely ever had cashier duty so I didn't see him all the time. But I recall him coming in a few times with his sister or by himself.

"Sorry I work in the back most of the time. I saw you a few times, though." I said.

"I know."

"Again, creepy." he shook his head.

"My sister likes going there because she loves the stuff you make." he told me. I smiled at the mention of his sister.

"And you don't?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I like the coffee you made last time."

"Oh yeah, the black coffee." I said in obvious distaste. He chuckled under his breath.

"It's pretty good."

"Sure."

"The one you make is really good." I laughed at the compliment.