Home

Harper

"Can we go to your place?" I asked, as we got in his car.

I really didn't want to go back home. My dad was probably still there. I didn't want to face him.

I simply couldn't.

"Sure." he answered.

I messaged Elliot, he has his ipad, and told him that I won't be coming home. He responded, telling me that it was alright and Amelia would be sleeping over.

I showed Ace the text and he shook his head in amusement.

I always thought it was so cute that my brother and his sister are friends and to this day I feel like they're going to end up like Ace and I one day.

It's funny to think about it.

"Do you think I'm a bad sister to Elliot?" I asked randomly, though the question has been weighing heavily on my mind.

I always avoided my problems, for example, staying away from home purposely to not see my dad.

Elliot was still there and he had to deal with that while I'm running away. I should be there for him but I'm not.

He's probably confused and hurt. When our dad left, he was only six turning seven years old. He didn't remember much about him but still.

I felt horrible. I was selfish. No wonder happiness in my world didn't last long.

"No." his bluntness usually never failed to make me feel a little better but this time it did. I was wallowed up in self hatred right now.

"Trust me, you wouldn't be worrying if you were a bad person unless you were one." he added.

"How do you know?"

"I just do." I laughed.

"Those were some wise words there."

"You're not a bad sister to Elliot. You're only tired, it's alright to need a break."

"I needed to hear that, thanks." he nodded and placed his hand in mine with his other still on the steering wheel.

I loved how our hands fit perfectly together, as if they were two pieces in a puzzle with missing pieces and we were the only two pieces left.

I admired his rings and tattoos on his hand. They were all so different and unique. I wondered why he got them and what they meant.

We arrived to his house and he parked the car. We got out and walked up to the huge front doors. He unlocked the door and guided me inside.

The lights were off, the house looked like a haunted mansion as it was also empty.

He a few of lights on and led me upstairs to his bedroom. I scanned the familiar room, standing awkwardly by the door.

He handed me a pair of his clothes, sweatpants and an oversized tee shirt. I happily accepted them and strolled into his bathroom.

I changed quickly and walked back into his room. I flopped down on his enormous bed and watched as he stood by his dresser and took of his shirt.

His toned and tatted chest was full on display for me to see. He shot me a wink, I rolled my eyes and sat up.

He's not all that.

Lying is a sin.

Whatever.

"Like what you see?"

"No."

"Because you love it?"