twenty

Mikey's POV

"Stop staring at my sister, shrimpy!" Kenchin said and hit my head, making me frown, "I will poke your eyes out!"

"If only I knew you have a sister this pretty, I would have moved to the city earlier," I told him

She looks like an angel while playing under the sun with my sister, Emma. Baji, Kenchin and I are also playing but I can't help but glance at her from time to time.

"You like Y/N, don't you?" Emma smirked as we ate our dinner

"Huh? No, I don't!" I denied, "you like Kenchin!"

"Hey!" her eyes went wide and now it's my time to smirk at her, "don't you dare tell him!"

"Why not?" I challenged her

"Because I will tell Y/N as well!"

I kept quiet about Emma catching some feelings for my best friend so she'd keep quiet as well. I'm not the romantic type, I even forget about the basic things in life whenever I'm enjoying that's why I don't want to make a move on her, because I know it will end badly.

I always looked after her. Boys in the school talks shit about her? I'll beat them, that's why I always take a trip to the guidance office. Girls who envies her would dare hurt her? I don't hurt girls but I can surely make their lives a living hell.

I don't look like it since I'm carefree but I care for her. I don't mind going to jail if it means I could protect her. That's why Kenchin really trusts me with Y/N if he's not around, and I was certain it'd stay that way until Mitsuya moved in here as well.

I knew about their past, I knew about how curious Mitsuya is when it comes to Y/N. I know how he makes moves to make her fall in love, and I could never compare to that. Unlike me, Mitsuya is responsible and has his life on tracks. He knows what he wants and works hard for it.

I let him have her, I told him about how I felt but I let him have her. It was a good decision, I just know, because I've never seen her so happy.

"Why didn't you try?" Emma asked while we're hanging out in the backyard with Baji, "I mean, at least you could have tried, you know?"

"Mitsuya is my friend," I smiled, "I don't want to compete with a friend. It's okay though, she looks so happy with him."

"That's true, if she ended up with Mikey she'd only get stressed out because Mikey would forget that he has a girlfriend," Baji said which made Emma laugh

She deserves someone who has plans in life, and that's not me. That's why it came out as a shock when I saw her broken because of Mitsuya. Worst, because Kenchin took part of her pain as well.

I kicked him on the face while Emma tried pulling us away, "stop it!"