prologue

AT THE WRONG TIME

I looked at him, the rain still pouring on us. I wanted to hug him and dance with him under the rain, that's part of the bucket list we made way back middle school – but I can't, I no longer can do that.

"So, is this it then?" I asked him, "you.. you really blew us up."

I started crying again. He once promised not to make me cry, and if I did, it will only be out of happiness and pain during labor once I give birth to our kids.

But he broke that promise, and he broke me as well.

"I'm sorry," he said, I heard him sob. Sure, this must be painful for him too. But what about me? What about the pain I felt?

"No, you're not." I simply said and turned away. Afraid that if I stare longer at him, I'd take him back.

I started walking away from him, from us. I walked away from the future we once talked about, the promises we made under the stars. This is it, who would have thought there will also be an end to our story.

"I don't wanna say we're wrong for each other," he said. I stopped walking but didn't look at him, "I wanna believe this is just the wrong time for us. That I will meet you again someday, when the time is right. When I'm right for you."

Someday, huh? That was never part of the plan.

But me too, my love. I want to meet you again, and when that time comes, let's be right for each other.