nineteen

Mitsuya's POV

"I'm pregnant," Hayami suddenly said as she entered my office. We haven't seen each other for two weeks after I went public with what she did.

I looked at her, "is this another lie of yours? If it is, I'm sick of it."

"No, I'm really pregnant Takashi," she pleaded, "please, come back to me. We will build our own family!"

"You really have the audacity to say that after what you did?" I scoffed

"I only did it because I love you!" she pointed out but I just shook my head, "I swear to God, if you'll leave I will abort this! This is your own child!"

That's how she made me stay. I may be mad at her but she's carrying my child. My own blood. But I had my doubts, I regret cheating with her in the first place, and now, a physical reminder of my mistakes. Will I ever be a good father?

Somebody sent me an unknown text message which made me doubt even more

From: Unknown

Are you sure you are the father of Hayami's child?

I tried contacting it but nobody answered me. I don't know if she's been with other men as everybody knows how obsessed she is with me, but I won't be shocked if she asked someone to get her pregnant to push me to the corner. As far as I know, she was on pills too. But even so, I don't want to leave her alone, especially because there's no guarantee yet that it's not mine.

"I don't want that child to carry my surname," I straight-up told her which made her shock, "if that's really mine, you won't mind, right? As long as I'm around her."

She gulped and nodded. She'd do anything I'll ask her to do just so I won't leave.

But the first time I held Yua in my arms, I admit, I immediately got attached to the child. She looks so vulnerable while I'm holding her, making me want to protect her from this cruel world. Mine or not, I grew to love her with every single day I spent with her.

"Honestly though, she looks nothing like you," Yuzuha pointed out, Hakkai's sister, "not even a single feature of her looks like you."

"You're so mean, Yuzuha," Hakkai countered, "she's still a toddler, she'll probably look like Taka-chan when she grows up."

"Dumb motherfucker," Yuzuha rolled her eyes, "that's not how it works."

I stared at Yua who got busy playing with her dolls and sighed, "it doesn't really matter if my blood runs in her veins, right? I love her as my own."

"Aren't you curious? Why don't you run a DNA test?"

I contemplated on Yuzuha's question, but decided against it. Does it really matter anyway? My life's fifty shades fucked up and Yua is the only good thing that kept me sane, or so I thought.