sixteen

Y/N's POV

"Dada, why is the girl mad at me?" Mika asked Takashi while he's tucking her to bed and I'm preparing the bag she'll bring tomorrow for our errands.

"Hmm, there's just a misunderstanding baby," Takashi answered and brushed her hair, "how are you feeling?"

"Miwa is alright, dada," she smiled, "but the girl looked sad. Should I give her one of my dolls? So she would be happy."

I smiled at her innocence, but a lot of questions are running inside my head. I guess I'll just talk it out with Takashi later.

"Mika, time to sleep," I told her and she lay down properly

Takashi kissed her forehead while whispering his goodnight and I did the same. After a while, she's already sleeping deeply so we turned off her lamp and went out.

"Takashi, do you have time? Can we talk?"

"Sure, I know you have questions running around your mind as well," he answered, he knows me damn well.

We went down the living room and we sat on the couch, I don't know how to start or where to start.

"Is she.." I paused and bit my lip, "is she yours?"

"I don't know," he answered which made me look at him, "I don't want to run a DNA test because I already considered her my own but.. I don't.."

I nodded, I know he can't form it out. It is never easy for a parent to know that the child they loved for how many years isn't theirs to begin with.

"Takashi," I called out, "you know about Mika's condition. I can't let that happen again, please.." I almost broke down

Seeing Mika having complications in terms of breathing is enough to break my heart. Thoughts of losing her floods my mind and I can't bear that.

He scoots closer to me and hugged me tightly as tears fell down my cheeks, he caressed my hair and kissed my head, "I'll protect you both, I swear."

I don't know if this is another promise he is gonna break but I am hoping it's not. For Mika's sake, I am hoping he would keep this.

"Good morning!" Mikey greeted as I went down, "I made breakfast!"

I smiled, "thank you, Mikey."

"You good?" he asked as I sat down, "did you cry last night? Your eyes are puffy."

"Is it that obvious?" I chuckled

He sighed and went to me, he hugged me tight, "I'm here, you know. I won't scar your heart in any way. So don't think too much about your problems and just lean on me."