eighteen

Trigger warning: suicide

Y/N's POV

We all got shocked with the result of the DNA test, how could she do that? How could she go so far just to keep him in her life?

"First, she lied about Y/N having an affair, then lied about you being Yua's father?" Chieko asked, "I know I had my fair share of mistakes but goddamn I won't force someone to become my child's father."

Emma came and immediately comforted Draken and I but I looked more broken for Takashi. I know he really considered Yua his child, I can see how he tries to remain fair when it comes to Yua and Mika.

I went to him and hugged him from the side, while he was spacing out. I kissed his shoulder and he rested his head on my chest. I felt his tears stream down and I just let him cry while caressing his hair.

They were looking at us but I just gave them an assurance that it's okay.

"You know," he said in between his sobs, "one of the reasons why I didn't look for you was because she told me she'll abort the baby if I left her for you. I didn't know you were pregnant back then, so I stayed for Yua."

I just listened to him while brushing his hair in between my fingers, I'm done hating him for what he did. The time won't turn back for the both of us if I'll keep on holding on to my grudge towards him.

"I wasn't there for Mika because I stayed for Yua," he laughed sarcastically, "and now, it's the same person who brought us here now."

What happened to Mika is painful to me. In those four years that I took care of her, my greatest fear is that one day I'd wake up without her. That one day, I'll have to face the pain of losing someone again but this time it's permanent and it's my kid.

But the pain on Takashi's side is greater, that I know for sure. The regret of not being able to hold Mika as a newborn baby. The pain of seeing her this fragile now that their roads finally crossed. I would give everything just so she could survive.

"Miss Ryuguji?" the doctor came out and we immediately stood up

"That's me, I'm her mother," I told the doctor

"Given her age, we really can't declare that she's safe now. She's still in critical condition, but we're trying our best to save her. For now, we could only allow at least two visitors since she is vulnerable. Once she wakes up and will be stable, we'll move her to a regular room," he explained and I just nodded

"What are the chances?" I asked

"Fifty fifty," his answer made me look down on the floor

By medical terms, fifty fifty is already good enough for us in the medical field. It's already enough to tell us our patients could still fight but.. as a mother, it hurts.