10k special! espresso cookie x reader rewrite.

((THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH- this means a lot to me and im glad you guys are enjoying the fanfic! it has been super fun to write!))

Today was Espresso Cookie's birthday. You knew he wasn't going to do anything fun for his birthday. So, you decided to make him some caffeinated tea. Usually, you made him coffee but you wanted him to try something different. You walked down the kingdom's streets, holding the bottle of tea in one hand and the card in another. You studied the sights of the bustling kingdom. You spotted Herb Cookie and waved at him. He glanced over and waved back. 'Just around this corner.' You thought, turning a corner to a quieter part of the kingdom. And there was Espresso's lab, dark and practical. You walked for a little longer and knocked on his door. You could smell the strong scent of coffee from here.

The door opened and there was Espresso Cookie himself. His chocolate, wavy hair, round glasses, and dark eyes, "Ah yes. It's you. Come in. Eight minutes tops! I fear I have business to complete." He nodded. "At least that's longer than last time." You replied. "Yes, it is longer than last time. You're welcome." Espresso answered in the same content tone. You and him started to walk in. The lab was running so many machines at once. It never failed to amaze you. He took you to a seating area and you both sat down. You smiled at him, "Happy Birthday Espresso! This year, I have brought you a new drink and- of course, a card!" His expression slightly changed to a happier one, "What is the-" You stopped him mid-sentence, "It's tea! But don't worry, it's still caffeinated." Espresso blinked, "I might as well try it."

You handed him the drink and card. He opened the card first and read it aloud, "Dear Espresso Cookie, Thank you for supplying me with f/d this year! Have an awesome birthday! Love, Y//n." You grinned, hoping Espresso liked it enough to hopefully ask to hang out and come out of his shell. And yes, he did in fact like it. "Thank you Y//n. That was most kind of you." He even gave you a slight smile. "No problem." You wondered if he got any other gifts. Now it was time he tried the tea. He didn't even think and took a big gulp of the drink. It was quiet for a moment. "I like it. But I wouldn't have it again. Not bitter enough." Espresso commented to break the silence. "Good to hear Espresso. I'll get you a more bitter one next year." You said honestly. E

Espresso's eyes widened as he checked his watch. "Two minutes off schedule! Goodbye dear Y//n! Thank you! It was lovely to see you. I hope I do see you at the market!" He blabbed out as he pushed you to the door. You were about to be outside of the lab and you commented, "You're welcome. I too hope to see you soon!" Espresso Cookie gave you a cheerful smile and slammed the door in your face. 'Well that was a little rude.' You thought. 'But at least he is coming out of his shell." You added onto that thought. You took a breath and decided to jog back home.