you look troubled kid, ((chili pepper cookie x reader.))

((more of a comfort story but oh well-))

You walked down the path, you needed a break from what's going on in your life. So you went on a 'short' walk, you sighed. You looked at the scenery, bright and cheery of course. You felt someone bump into you. You looked up at a scarred, red face, "Sorry!" The cookie nodded, "I guess it's fine kid." But then she added, "Got anything valuable on ya?"You stiffed a laugh, "No, I don't." You shifted in your place, glancing at the trees and bushes surrounding you. "If you say so," "Hey what's your name?" The cookie asked. The cookie's bright, red, messy hair floated in the wind. "Oh it's Y/n...What's yours?" You asked, you felt a strange sense of safe now. Something to distract you from your problems. "Thought you'd never ask, Chili Pepper Cookie, call me Pepper for short." The cookie introduced themselves. You nodded politely and then you remembered you had to head home soon. Your face fell.

"Well kid, you now look troubled. What is it Y/n?" The rough but nice voice distracted you from your thoughts. You sighed, "Pepper, you don't need to know. It's my problems." Pepper rolled her eyes, "Let's get it over with, better to let it out." You laughed quickly. You looked up at Pepper, "Well..." You then went on about your problems and everything you hate. Pepper only got distracted a few times but listened as best as she could. She knew she can't give good comfort but she listened well. Your wet e/c eyes blinked after letting all out, "T-thank you Pepper for listening. That was the best thing ever." "Eh, no problem. Hope it gets better soon. But sometimes I need to let out stuff so I steal. Maybe try it sometime Y/n." Pepper finalized. You cleared your throat, noticing it was darker out now. The candy-like ground and trees stood out more at this time.

"I should head home, see you around?" You added. Less worried about heading home then you were before. "Yes, yes. I will see you around kid. Maybe even I'll rob your guardians/parents." Pepper half-joked. You laughed again and walked off back the way you came. You sighed happily and glanced back up the beautiful night sky. You felt so much more content then usual. You are definitely grateful that you met Pepper, you glanced back. She was long gone.