28. Two Tigresses'

28. Two Tigresses' 

"I don't want to talk about it."

"What do you mean?" 

"It means, I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT."

The Goenkas' had never seen their daughters standing against each other, especially voices raised and fingers pointed at each other. It started with loud voices in their room and when the girls descended down from the stairs, Arohi's voice was heard following a silent Akshara. Everyone were at home, it was supposed to be a peaceful weekend after a tiring week but Arohi wanted anything but peace. They all gathered around the girls, Akshara had raised her voice in the first time in years, and as soon as she said it, Arohi was a bit startled, even the elders were a bit surprised.

It was years since Akshara had thrown a tantrum, but they recollected how fierce she was whenever she was adamant about something. Ever since their parents' deaths, Akshara never raised her voice, she never ordered around, she never screamed, always timid and soft, especially towards Arohi. This was a little surprising to all.

Like she was the little sherni she was called in her childhood.

"I told you, I don't want to talk about it." Akshara said, eyeing Arohi who was breathing in pure anger, "that is it."

"No, I will talk about it." Arohi spoke up, even more angry now. "What do you think of yourself?"

Akshara was confused, a little hurt but Swarna jumped in, "Aru, that is not the way to speak to anyone."

"Kyu nahi?" Arohi said, glaring at Akshara, "Kyon hum sab ko isske decisions ankh band karke accept karne padte hai?" She pointed her finger at her elder sister as she explained herself to her family. "It is like we are nothing, and it is all Akshu," 

"Arohi," Kairav who had just woken up from their loud noises, approached the girls. He was as confused as the others were but if the sisters were standing against each other, it meant something was major wrong. "Kya hua?"

"Why don't you ask your favourite here?" Arohi spoke with pure rage, and Akshara gulped, she had never seen Arohi this mad at her. "Aap sab ki ladli hai na, toh pucho."

"Akshu?" Manish asked, holding Akshara's shoulder, Mimi sat down with a pounding headache as Akshara was cornered. "Why is Arohi mad?"

Akshara sighed, she took a deep breath and looked at her sister and felt terrible on how she handled this thing. Arohi had questioned her about Abhimanyu this morning and Akshara in a fit of frustration told her that she had broken things off before it started and when Arohi demanded a why, Akshara shut her off very rudely. She did not want to further the matter but Arohi wanted to do exactly that and that is how the fight started.

To Manish's question, Akshara had no answer and Arohi took the silence as a challenge, "she broke things off with Abhimanyu." Arohi's statement rose the curiosity of everyone and saddened Kairav, "just without no reason."

Mimi and the elders looked pointedly at Akshara, they did not even know there were official but of course knew that something was cooking between them and Kairav who had a little hope for the two was disappointed. 

"Arohi stop it," Akshara spoke up, taking a step towards the younger storm, "that is my life and my decision, you cannot criticize it like this."

"Your life? Your decision?" Arohi scoffed, she was angry but more hurt than mad. "So we are nothing to you now? Our opinions don't matter to you?"

"Maine aisa kab bola?" Akshara softened her tone, trying to approach Arohi but Arohi withdrew her hand, irritated by her sister's stupid decisions. "Aru..."