27. Take Care, Miss Goenka

Akshara had said everything on her mind to Abhi, everything which was buried in her heart. No one knew about the dream where her parents saved her, or the fact that she could see their dead faces when she played. She had poured out her heart when she explained herself to the man in front of him, and something about him was plainly so soothing, just watching him had helped her be at ease. 

What was this feeling?

The way her heart calmed down whenever he would touch her was so weird, like he was just the right balm for her pain, and the way he would listen to her without saying a word, just kept looking at her and his eyes would talk for him. Everything about this man just screamed solace to her. Akshara never felt so safe ever before, as she did when he was standing in front of her. His eyes, his smile, and that beautiful face of his, everything about the guy made her heart skip beats.

Why?

What is this connection? and with someone she only met few times in this month? Is it possible to be so attached to someone you just met?

It did not feel that they had just met, it felt like they knew each other since ages, like they had grown up together, they had shared the pain together. It felt so surreal, this connection, whenever he'd walk closer, or hold her hand, or tuck her hair, it felt so real. It felt like she belonged, like she had some identity, like something more better was in wait for her.

It felt exactly how it would feel when she hugged her loved ones.

It felt like home.

"You cannot do this," Abhimanyu finally spoke, shaking his head when Akshara told him that they were not meant to be together. "You cannot."

"What?"

Abhi took a step closer, the sudden move made her take a step back and she looked at the man in front of her, he seemed to be getting his voice back and it held more than just sympathy. "You cannot decide for the both of us," He shook his head, eyes locked with the girl helplessly standing in front of him, "you cannot decide for me."

Akshara took a deep breath, if she needed to continue this conversation with him, she had to control her anxious breathing. "You don't understand.."

Before she could complete her sentence, Abhi backed her on the cabin wall, their eyes refusing to withdraw their gaze and Abhi caging her completely with his arms on the wall, on either side of her. He was really mad at her, but he knew he couldn't lash out at her even if he wanted to. She had the most fragile heart which was somehow also very stubborn. 

"You don't understand, Akshara." He said, his tone crisp and anger evident in his voice. However he did not raise his voice, just kept it as mellow as he possibly could. "You cannot decide this for me, to be with you or not is my decision and to be together is ours." He clenched his jaw, breathing to calm his anger, "I respect and completely understand your view point, but to move on without my take on this matter is unfair."