3. Likeable nice

3. Likeable nice

The dinner at Goenkas were always a silent affair, even though the family was always so joyous, their dinners were usually sad and silent.

Mainly because Akshara skipped a lot of dinner and lunch times, making the others miss her presence. This time too, the family sat around the dining table, Manish and Swarna were usually the head of the family, looking after everyone and everything while Suhasini Daadi being the oldest, took rest and acquainted with the newest technology and the younger kids. Akhilesh and his wife always loved being part of this family and happy jovial Vansh only drew the oprhaned trio closer.

Kairav and Arohi sat besides each other, on the other side of the elders along the line of Vansh, and the seat towards Kairav's right side was empty because that was where Akshara used to sit. Every evening Kairav and Arohi would look at the empty space and only longingly wait for their lost sister to sit with them and not just the two, everyone else waited for their Akshara to return too.

The same 10 year old Akshara who was lost.

'So, Vansh, Kairav, how was work?' Manish asked as they silently ate their food.

Vansh very enthusiastically explained his new vlogging ideas and Kairav just shrugged.

'Nothing much Bade Papa.' Kairav said, as he worked in an MNC as a senior software engineer and being almost at the top of the management for excelling at his work.

'Kairu, how is the website coming?' Swarna asked him, passing him the bowl of rice, 'is it progressing?'

Everyone looked at Kairav with hopeful eyes, and Kairav felt even more sad. 'I just,' Kairav's sigh told them how he was trying really hard. 'I'm not getting the motivation, but I'm trying.'

'Take your time bhaiya,' Arohi squeezed his arm, proud of her brother. 'I'm sure Akshu will love it.'

'And not just Aru,' Manish said sternly, 'We're all so proud of you.' He assured the older Kairav and he smiled, thankful for such a nice family.

Everyone cheered up at Kairav's smile and continued eating, Arohi trying her best to not glance at her mobile with the ever continuous calls. Being a doctor was hard, especially getting numerous calls throughout the day.

'Arrey, koi meri Aru se puccho ki uska dinn kaisa tha?' Akhilesh protested, and they chuckled, Arohi almost choked on the morsel. She only hoped they wouldn't ask anything about the meet-up.

'Dr. Arohi kaho,' Daadi intervened, eyeing her son, 'Respect the grind.'

The younger clan laughed at the slogan and Kairav chuckled, while everyone else eyed the oldie with eyes bulging out. Akshara had been teaching Daadi a lot of Gen Z words and slangs and it was always funny to see Daadi repeating those words.

'Nothing much for me too,' Arohi said, eating her noodles. 'Same old kids, same old tantrums, same old work.' She shrugged.

'Nothing much?' Swarna was confused, as she looked at the girl. 'But you had a meeting with Dr. Abhimanyu Birla right? How did that go?'