4. Emotionally Foolish

Abhi sat at the breakfast table, it was 6 am and he knew that after a leave, his cases would double. That's what happened always, he took a day's leave and somehow the world got even more heart problems. Hence he avoided taking leave as much as possible. But then, nothing could make him deny his mother and the only reason he went to meet Dr. Arohi was for the former.

Surely it was just a flush of a day because she didn't come, at another instance Abhi would have been pissed but it was still one of chill evenings he spent with a strange girl. There was something about that anxious girl that gave him a sense of fresh breath.

Some people just carried good vibes with them. She was one of them who could flip a frown into a smile. And it was gift, because not many people could lighten the atmosphere this quickly.

Abhi smiled, eating a sandwich as he sat back, thinking of the person who was just like her. That person who like her could lighten up all his dull, angry and sad days into being bearable. A pang of pain filled his heart as he immediately thought about this person, and instead of a smile, his anger rose back, and with anger, disappointment followed. He kept his sandwich down, his hunger dying and heart aching.

For a heartless surgeon, he sure had a broken heart which still pained.

'I knew I could find you up early here.'

Abhi nodded in acknowledgement at his chachi, who after blessing him when he touched her feet sat next to him on the table, a file in his hand. 'Abhi, please scan and tell me ki bypass is recommended or not?' She asked and Abhi nodded, taking the file while she helped herself with the apple. 'Patient is admitted now, has a history of heart disease.'

While Abhi gave his inputs to his aunt who quickly instructed the on duty doctor about it, she thanked him and he nodded again. That was all Abhi did, nod in acknowledgement.

'Waise, I heard you met the girl from the Goenka Household and that you liked her?' She enquired and Abhi rolled his eyes.

'Maa ne bataya aapko?'

'Udti udti khabar.'

Abhi chuckled, shaking his head, 'chachi, I thought you being a doctor won't associate with rumors.'

His aunt smirked, 'being a doctor and being an aunt is different. And I've met Dr. Arohi on a convention just last quarter, seems reasonably good.'

Abhi wanted to tell her that it wasn't Dr. Arohi but her sister Akshara who had met him, but then he remembered his promise to Akshara and let it go by just nodding, again.

Akshara reminded Abhi of two things, her feel good vibes and her anxiety.

'Chachi, can I ask you something?' Abhi sad, turning to face his aunt.

'Bolo.'

'Don't mind me asking, but are anxiety attacks linked to a specific situation in life? Like something tragic or heart breaking or is it just developed?' He asked, trying not to push his boundaries because he knew his aunt had severe anxiety which she overcame well.