Before Dabi hit the ground, he was warped back to the neighborhood where Hawks and Y/n were waiting for him. He fell to he ground, his body smoking from how much fire he just had to use. He was completely and utterly exhausted...But he grinned, knowing that he had finally got to murder than son of a bitch Hakai. 

Before Y/n could hurry to his side, Hawks stopped her. "Keigo!" She turned to him. "Wait, heroes are coming." He looked ahead, seeing the number one hero, Endeavor, along with a few more heroes making their way to them. Y/n looked to the heroes before looking to Dabi with worry. Though any worry was quickly subsided by Kurogiri. He was quick to create another warp, from the other side Twice hopped out and grabbed Dabi.

"Dabi..." Y/n muttered. Dabi looked up and gave her a knowing grin. "Wait for me...Y/n..." With that, he was pulled in along with Twice, and Kurogiri was gone in a instant. 

The next day, people were relived to hear that Hakai had finally met his demise, and the city was safe once more thanks to the number two hero, Hawks. Or, that's what had been reported. It was Hawks who had taken down Hakai, instead of Dabi. But who would rather hear that some lowly villain "saved" the city than a hero? That night it all went down, Hawks had told Endeavor everything that happened. After careful consideration, they agreed to take care of the damages and harmed civilians before anything else. 

After everything was taken care of Hawks stayed behind to tend to Y/n. They were both on the partially destroyed porch of her...mostly, destroyed home. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked. Y/n sighed heavily as she leaned against him. "Exhausted..." She murmured. Hawks chuckled, "I figured." He wrapped his arm around her, but quickly removed it. "Sorry..." He cleared his throat. "You probably don't-"

Y/n shook her head. "It's ok Keigo...I should be the one saying sorry." Hawks gave her a confused look. "I'm sorry I couldn't love you back..."

Oh. Hawks looked up at the night sky. The moon illuminated his and her figures with it's soft glow. "Well, I can't make you love me Y/n. Can't make anyone love anyone. Just has to...happen." He shrugs. "I'm not upset with you at all over something like that. You...you're something though. I don't know just what it was that made me fall for you but...it must have been the same thing that made Dabi fall for you." 

Y/n looked up at him as he continued. "I don't think I'll ever find a girl as amazing as you are Y/n but, I'll be ok. Eventually." He chuckled weakly. "Who knows...I might be able to find the same kind of love you have for him." Y/n  couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt. She placed her hand on his, speaking with the most sincerity she could give.

"I hope you do too Keigo. You deserve it, to be happy. Whether with someone, or just with you. Maybe...in another life, we could have been..." You trailed off. Hawks slowly smiled as he pet your head. "Hey I said it was ok. Don't stress about it, I'll be fine. Really Y/n." Hawks looked back at her home. "How about we worry less about my love life, and more about your home?" He raises an eyebrow as he grinned. 

"Oh I don't even wanna think about that!" Y/n whined. "How am I gonna afford to fix this? I could barely afford rent!" 

"Uh, did you forget you have me?" Hawks nudges her arm playfully. "Huh?" She blinks a few times. "Oh no! No Keigo! I can't ask you to-"

"You don't have to ask. I'm doing it anyway." He stood up from the porch. "Keigo!" Y/n stands up as well. "How about I get you a nice apartment in the city?" 

"Keigo!"

"Or maybe a little cabin out in the woods?"

"Keigooo!"

"Or I could get you a mansion?"

"Enough!" You shook him, as he laughed. "Come on! I know you don't wanna stay here." He tells her. "I just wanna make sure you're comfortable." You sighed before crossing your arms. "...Fine. But no mansions!"

"No mansion??" Hawks smirked. "I don't need something that big if it's just going to be me!" You say firmly. "Just...a nice home, nothing too wild or expensive! Just a simple, home. Ok?" 

"Hmm...I'll see what I can do kiddo." He nods. "For now, you can stay with me. Cool?" You roll your eyes but gave him a smile anyway. "Cool."

"And about Dabi." Hawks began, Y/n's heart dropped a beat. "I still don't understand it but...I suppose you have some history with him so, I can't really do anything about that." If only he knew it was so much more than that...but there was no way she could tell him...

"But, if he hurts you, makes you cry, makes you sad, even as much as makes you doubt him for a second...you call me, and like a hero should, I'll save you." Y/n gave him a small smile before hugging him. "I will...thank you Keigo." Hawks hugged her back, taking in the nice brief moment.

"No problem, kid."