"Idiot. Why did you piss those guys off like that? Did they hurt you bad?" A little boy with fiery red hair asks a girl around his age, he held his hand out for her. The little girl was on the ground, sniffling. She had just gotten bullied by some older kids for being quirkless, and when she shot a few insults back, they pulled at her hair and hit her. She wiped her tears before grabbing onto his hand, he helped her pull her back up. "They called me a quirkless freak..." 

"You're quirkless?" The boy asked. The girl nods, still wiping her eyes. "That's mean. You can't help it." The boy shrugs. "But why did you have to call them names? They hit you because you did that." The little girl pouts. "Because! They were mean!" She whimpers. The boy rolls his eyes. "You shouldn't pick fights if you can't finish them." 

The girl jerked her hand away and turned to leave. "I don't need any powers to stand up to bullies like them!" The boy followed after her. "Yeah but you're just gonna get hurt again." The girl ignored him and kept walking. "How about I fight them for you?" The girl stopped and stared at him. "You?" 

The boy nods. "I just got my quirk!" He smirked, showing off a small bit of blue flame coming from his finger tip. "So I can fight em off for ya! I can be like a knight! And you can be the princess! It's my job to protect the princess!" 

The little girl smiled brightly. "Yeah! You can be my knight!" She giggled. "Yay! Don't worry princess! I'll protect you!" The boy cheered. The girl giggled again. "Hey, what's your name?" He asks. "My name's Y/n." The girl tells him. "What's yours?"

"My name's Touya!"

Hawks flew over the forest, looking for any sign of Y/n, but she was nowhere to be seen. "Damn it Y/n..." He flew ahead into the city looking for any trace of her or Hakai. "You had better still be alive."

"...What did you say?" Y/n mutters, her eyes never leaving Dabi's. "My name, is Touya...sorry for lying to you all this time...but...you can see how I turned out...and who I got involved with, what I got involved with..." This can't be real. This was all just a terrible twisted nightmare that she would wake up from soon. It had to be. There was no way, her suppose to be dead ex boyfriend and childhood friend was a villain! Touya wouldn't have turned out this way! Why would he have turned out this way! How!? Why!?

"Why!?" Y/n said louder than she meant to. It was all so clear to her now, his burn marks were deeper, looked worse than they had before she thought he had died. His hair, once white as snow, now an inky black. But his eyes...oh she could see it clear now, that his eyes...had always stayed the same.

 "Why did you leave me all alone!? I would have stayed! I would have understood if there was something wrong! I would have listened! I thought you trusted me! You said you trusted me! So why!? Why did you turn out this way!?" Y/n placed a hand on her forehead, her breathing was shaky. "You can't be Touya...you just can't...after all that...after everything..."

Dabi reached for her again. "Y/n-"

"Why Touya?" Y/n whimpered. "What happened?" 

Dabi sighed, the world around him started to grow ever darker. He had no longer a reason to lie, so he told her. He told her about his home life, about his father, his mother, his siblings, the stress, the fear, the burns on his body growing every day until he realized...he was dying. He always been dying. His body was giving out on him the moment he used his quirk. He told her why he became a villain in the first place, the look on her face was unreadable He told her everything he should have told her before he turned into what he is now. 

By the time he was finished, he noticed a trail of blood leaking from his scarred eye. "...Y/n...I'm so sorry..." He trailed off, Y/n's words were spoken as if she were under water. "Touya? No, no Touya stay awake!" She tapped his cheek. "Touya!?" Dabi's breathing became more and more shallow, he was slipping away, and fast.

"Touya!" After all those years of wondering what had happened to her first love, thinking for so long that he had died, only for him to show up in her life again, admit he was a villain, tell her the truth, only to die again. Y/n's throat burned from how much she had been crying, and yet tears still continued to flow. She whimpered out a few sobs before holding Dabi in her arms. "I won't leave your side Touya. I'll stay with you until the end." She said softly, cradling Dabi's head close to her chest. Her head gently rested atop his own. 

She closed her eyes, and focused on the sound of Dabi's breathing. "Touya?" There was no answer. Her heart clenched as she spoke. "I love you..."