"Come on..." Another series of ringing gone straight to voicemail. "Come on Y/n..." Again, more ringing followed by voicemail. Dabi had repeated this a number of times before finally giving up with that last attempt. He wouldn't be doing this at all if she was home, but she wasn't. And she wasn't working late either. So where the hell was she? She had been missing for at least three days, and still no sign of her. Dabi's heart pounded in his chest the more he thought about what could have happened to her. He even went as far to question Toga, to make sure she hadn't gone back on her word. She hadn't, she swore she didn't do a thing to Y/n.

So, all Dabi could think, is that Hawks had done something. He had gotten a little too close to Y/n, no doubt it was him she was talking to that night. Hawks didn't seem like the type to abduct someone, so she must have left with him willingly. 

"You should really be focusing on the mission." 

Dabi turned to see Toga, grinning ear to ear as always. Dabi put his phone away before speaking. "This mission, is going to get us all killed. You really think crusty lips' plan is going to work?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Toga simply shrugs, skipping over to him. "Who knows? But, it seems like we're dead regardless of what we do." Dabi looks down at her. "If we fight him now, we might win, but we might die too. But, if we don't fight him, he'll just kill us. You heard what he said, right? So, better to go down fighting." 

Dabi supposed she had a point. If he was going to die, he would rather die while fighting to the very end, bonus if he manages to leave the jackass with a few burn scars too. But this, seemed like a loss cause. Everything he's done so far will be for nothing if he dies here. 

"You were never one to complain so much about life or death missions before." Toga smirks. "Let me guess, it's about her isn't it?" Dabi scowled, eyes narrowing. "What did I say about bringing her up? Keep your damn mouth shut." Dabi walked passed her. "You should just tell her Dabi. Before it's too late."

'It's already too late.' Dabi thought bitterly as he continued to walk.

Dabi couldn't believe his eyes, he thought he had finally lost his mind. But no matter how hard he would pinch or slap himself, he couldn't stop seeing her. She was right there. Right in front of him, clear as day. After so long, she still looked the same, so breathtakingly beautiful. 

Though...why was she dressed like that? She never wore stuff like this before, had she changed in other ways? No, the more he looked at her, the clearer it became that she was no comfortable dressed like this. Dabi wondered why she would come to a nightclub. She was with people he rage or older. A celebration with work associates of sorts? 

The entire night, he thought about walking over to her, grabbing her and leaving this loud ass club together. But he couldn't make himself look too obvious, that's how he would get the attention of all the wrong people. So carefully, he made his way ever so closer to her, and the closer he got, he noticed that she was drunk. He was almost there too, until she got up and walked out of the club. Well, that makes this easier. 

Dabi followed behind, as soon as he was out of the club he pulled the hood over his head further to cover his face. He looked up to see some creep taking her somewhere. His palms heated up as his anger rose to a boiling point. Eventually he caught up with the creep and dealt with him justly. 

"Hey...you know that woman?" Dabi looked down at the drunken woman he was after the entire night. She was barely conscious, muttering her slurred words. "And what if I do?" The creep holding her challenged him. He smirked and removed his hood, making the other man tremble with fear. "I suggest you let her go...or else." The man set her down and backed away, fear filling his eyes. "Y-you'll spare me now, right?" The man trembled. 

 "We don't need scumbags like you in this world, there's your answer." Just as he finished, the flames shot forwards and enveloped the man.

Dabi picked up the now unconscious woman and carried her back to his "home", there he would think about just what he would say to her as soon as she woke up. After all, he hadn't seen her in quite some time. The last time they saw each other, he left her without as much as warning or a goodbye. Then it hit him, he couldn't explain himself right then and there. Not like how he was now. He was a villain, a murderer. What would she think of him now that he was one of the most wanted men in all of Japan?

"...Not yet." Dabi drew his attention back to the room where the woman was resting. He heard shuffling, walking through just in time for her to turn on the lights. As soon as she saw him she screamed and fell back to the ground, backing away from him like a frightened animal. Of course she would, just look at him...he was disgusting to lay eyes on. 

"P-please! I-I'll give you anything you want, just don't kill me!" Her words hurt him to his core, like he would ever do such a thing to her. 

"I'm not going to kill you. Relax." Dabi said calmly. "Y-You won't? Why?" She asked, still trembling. He crouched down to her height and gently stroked her face with his thumb, she flinched under his touch. "You could have been kidnapped tonight." Realization hit her as soon as she remembered what happened earlier that night. "Then why am I here?"

"I saved you, duh." Dabi rolled his eyes. "Why?" She asked confused. Dabi chuckled as he sat next to her, letting his back rest against the wall behind him. "I may be a villain, but I have some morals believe it or not." He took out a cigarette and lit it with the end of his thumb. "I wasn't going to stand by and let an innocent woman be taken advantage of by a perverted scumbag. So I burned the motherfucker."

After a few seconds of silence, the woman spoke again. "T-thank you..."  Dabi let out a puff of smoke. "I think you've had enough excitement for one day, hm? About time you head home."

The woman didn't let Dabi get too far, so she stopped him before they reached her street. It was no problem, he'll find out where she lived eventually. "Thank you again...uh Dabi..." That name didn't feel right coming from her. "I'm going to go now..." 

Dabi nods. "See ya around..." He trailed off, he knew her name, but of course he couldn't just address her like that without her telling him. "Y-Y/n." She finished. Dabi smirked. "Y/n..." With that, he walked away. 

Did that really just happen? It was like he was dreaming. Like he had died and been sent to Heaven. "Yeah right, like I'm gonna end u there." Dabi laughed to himself. "That really was her...Y/n..." A genuine smile made it's way onto Dabi's scarred lips. He would think of this night as a second chance. 

He had her, and he would never let her go again...