Chapter 17

Night had turned to day, turned night again. The League of Villains had managed to tracked down Hakai, they were just outside the perimeter of a leveled city, long forgotten by the public. Buildings that once stood tall, were now less than half the size they were before. Dust was swept up by the harsh winds. He was in there somewhere, hiding amongst the rubble destruction. As soon as they arrived, the plan had begun. Right now, they were all split up to cover more ground. Shigaraki took Dabi and Mr. Compress with him. While, Mr. Compress, Twice and Spinner all went stayed back to make sure Hakai couldn't escape. 

"Figures someone as lame as him would hide out in a place as cliché as this." Shigaraki scoffed. "Hurry up and show yourself. This getting boring." He scratched at his neck. "Maybe this a trap?" Toga brought up. "What do you mean?" Shigaraki asks. "Well, if he was so insistent on killing us like he said he would, wouldn't he just come out and do it? Maybe he's trying to lure us in one by one, it makes me a little worried for the others." 

"Have a little faith in them, if they did see him, they would report to me if they what was good for them." Shigaraki tapped at the ear piece, the one that each of them had if they were to be separated and needed to find each other quickly. 

"Did you all forget that he has the biggest problem with me?" Dabi spoke up. "He's probably waiting for me to be alone." 

Shigaraki turned to him, just as he began to argue, he remembered how irritated Hakai was with Dabi and how he nearly killed him. "I guess you have a point. Fine, how about we leave you and Hakai alone? Then we'll step in and give you a little hand?" Dabi shrugs. "I don't care. But I wouldn't mind getting a few hits in before you do." With that, the plan was altered slightly. They would all three split up to go searching on their own. But not too far away from each other, if needed, they would have to hurry to regroup. 

An hour had passed since then, and still no sign of Hakai anywhere. "I knew this plan would go to shit before it even started." Dabi mumbled. Just as he went to press his finger to the ear piece, a bright red light caught his attention. He turned just in time to see volts of red lighting shooting towards him. "Shit!" 

The impact and light were so loud, the entire league could see and hear what was happening. The group that stood outside of the city heard Shigaraki's voice in their ears. "Stay put! We're going in!" 

Dabi caught his breath as he brought himself to a stand, he had just barely managed to dodge. He glared as Hakai slowly approached him. "Dabi...Didn't get enough last time?" Hakai grinned cockily. "I don't know. Did you? Bird brain sure did leave a number in you didn't he?" Hakai's grin dropped to scowl. He shot another volt of electricity at Dabi, who dodged it again. "Lets just say I was having an off day then..." 

"Just admit you suck. No ones gonna judge you, except me of course." Dabi smirked. Hakai growled sparks rising from his fists. He rushed at Dabi, who blasted a wall of flames up in between them. However, Hakai ran right through them with barely a burn mark on him. Dabi didn't have time to process before Hakai punched him right in the jaw, sending him flying into the window of a collapsed building. His arms bled from the shards that cut him on impact. 

Just as he was recovering from the impact, Hakai blew the wall in. Dabi coughed as the debis and dust filled his lungs. He opened his eyes, and Hakai was in his face. "Die." 

Hakai felt a sharp pain in his back, he turned his head. "How about you die instead?" Toga removed the knife and went to stab him again, but Hakai was faster. He grabbed the knife with his bare hands and sent a wave of energy down the blade, to the hilt, and right into Toga. She screamed in pain as her body was enveloped by red markings, than closely resembled veins, Hakai laughed wickedly.

Hakai's laughter was cut short by Dabi's hand on the back of his head. With a yell Dabi enveloped Hakai's head with the bright blue flames. Toga fell to the ground, the marks disappearing from her skin. 

As the flames died down, Hakai's flesh was left unmarked. "What!?" 

Hakai chuckled, sparks shooting out from his eyes and finger tips. Dabi quickly grabbed Toga and ran out from the building as Hakai's laughter grew louder and more insane. He saw Shigaraki just ahead. "This isn't gonna work! He's way to fucking strong!" Dabi yelled. "We need to leave now! Toga was nearly killed!" 

Shigaraki didn't get a word in before the ground between Dabi and himself cracked opened and split apart. "Damn it! Take Toga!" Dabi threw her to Shigaraki, who carefully caught her, making sure not to touch her with all five of his fingers. "Get back here!" Dabi turned his head, Hakai had his hands placed on the ground, causing more of it to break open. "I ain't done playing with you yet!" 

"Dabi!" Shigaraki shouts. "Jump!" Dabi didn't get the chance to before the ground from under him fell in on it's self, and Dabi fell in after it...

"Dabi!!"