Chapter 25

Now that Y/n had some time to herself, she could fully process her new quirk, or at least try too. Her entire life she had been quirkless, and now suddenly, out of nowhere, she gets a quirk. Healing of all things. There's coincidence and then there's down right unbelievability. She raises her hand, inches from her own face, and just stares. It activated out of nowhere back then too, then Hakai forced it out of her. It was the most exhausted she ever felt afterwards too. It was so strange, the feeling of her own warmth aiding someone else's to resurface. 

"But how do I use it?" She asked under her breath. If she ever needed to use it again, for Dabi, herself, or anyone else, she would need to know how to activate and use it properly. In that moment, all she could think of was Dabi, or rather Touya. She still couldn't believe it. All this time...it was him. She shook her head, trying to clear her head. "No. I can't think about that right now. I have to focus." 

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths in and out. She put all her focus and energy into her palm, and slowly but surely, she felt a light warmth grow in the center of her palm. She opened her eyes and saw the most slim of light peeking through. It wasn't enough however. The light and warmth was gone as soon as it came. 

"Damn it." She cursed. "Is this because of what Hakai did? Did he really drain all of it?" She asked, as she lowered her hand back to her side. It made her think about the moments where she believed she would die in Hakai's grasps. She remembered the angered and desperate look on the deranged man's face. His voice sounded like his throat had been cut up from the inside. And his eyes...it made her skin crawl. He wasn't right. He was completely and utterly insane. 

Y/n turned back in the direction of where she came from, where the explosion was, even from a  distance she could still see the smoke from over the buildings and skyscrapers. "Touya...Keigo...please come back to me." She preyed. 

Hakai fell to his knees in an old alleyway, blood pooling from his opened wounds. It was a miracle his quirk had kept him going for this long, but it would not last him much longer than this. He needed to find Y/n before it was too late. "Those motherfuckers actually managed to put a dent in me!" He rasped, looking down at his missing hand. "I nearly killed that crusty bastard too!" His remaining hand was placed on his face, it stung as that contact to his fresh missing flesh. 

"I'm practically falling apart now...Even if I do find that woman, I won't have much time after I use her again. I drain her so much already, she wouldn't do much besides prolong my death by a little. But that's all I need, and as soon as it happens, this whole city will fall under the power of my destruction. If I do it right...so will the surrounding cities as well." He laughed weakly. 

"Oh what beauty...in the aftermath of destruction..." His grin turned into that of a lazy one, unintelligible words and chuckles came from him as he stared off into nothing. Before he could do any of that, before he could ravel in his destructive beauty, he needed to find her. 

He needed to find Y/n. No matter what the cost. 

Pain was all he ever felt, ever since the beginning, pain was what he knew. After so long, he thought he would be use to it by now. But every time he would try and used that cursed quirk of his, new waves of pain, each worse than the last, would nearly send him into shock. It was then he decided, if this quirk would stay with him until he died, he should learn to control it before it cut his life short.  

He trained himself every day, perfecting his quirk slowly. When he finally used it, he did something he never thought he could. He had somehow managed to destroy an entire parking lot, he even killed someone in the process. Though a horrid sight by others, to him, it was...magnificent. The broken ground as made beautiful again stained in bright crimson blood of the ones who died.

It sickened him, and also excited him. The fact that his pain would cease anytime he properly used his quirk, anytime he inflicted that same pain onto others, anytime he would destroy all in his path...it filled him with a new sense of yearning. Yearning, for the screams of the damned, yearning for sweet crimson to fill the air, yearning for the beauteous destruction that he'd cause wherever he may go.

Even the confines of institutions could not hold his lust for destruction back for long. He would be set out into the world, only to destroy it. Yes. That was his way of life, is only right to life, was to end it all for everyone else. 

And it would be so beautiful...