Chapter 23

It was...odd. It always has been. Even after she had gotten use to it eventually, she still felt like this wasn't quite right. For obvious reason number one, she was "dating" one of Japan's most wanted villains. She knew it was wrong, but it wasn't like she was aiding him in his villainous activities. She didn't support it either. 

But what was she suppose to do? Sit him down and try to talk him out of being a villain? Tell him what he was doing was wrong? Yeah right. That won't change anything. He knew what he was doing, he knew it was wrong, and he was well prepared to pay the price if it came down to it.

He would not change his ways, he didn't when he started out, and he won't now. And that's how it always has been. She never knew what went on in his head, as he never talked much about himself. No matter how many times she would try and get some answers out of him, it would either end up with him ignoring the questions or it would turn into an argument. So eventually she just gave up. 

She told herself that he would open up to her when he was ready but...that never happened. 

She was stupid for every thinking it would...

But this is getting of track. Back to how she felt about the entire situation was, again, odd. Deep down, she felt horrible for doing this. She felt horrible for letting herself be charmed by such a person. Because he was a villain, of course. But also, because she felt like she was betraying him...

Him, the one who she had given her heart to so many years ago. They had planned to be together forever, never leaving each others side. But the cruel hands of fate torn the two apart, never to reunite. His death was so sudden...it kept her awake at night, just thinking about how horribly wrong it was. His death never sat right with her, still to this very day, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was just not right about it all.

What exactly happened that night he disappeared will always be left a mystery to her. His own family kept his passing under tight wraps, the public eye was persistent. The Todoroki family only saw fit to keep his death as simple, and as private as possible. Even though, his death was far from simple...

Was he murdered? Perhaps kidnapped? Or was he still out there, hiding from...well, something. Of all possibilities, she hoped that he was still alive somewhere, but as the years went by, her hope slowly faded into nothingness. 

Todoroki Touya...was dead...

His warmth died with him, and was replaced by a suffocating heat that she could no longer recognize. The heat that filled the emptiness left by Touya, belong to Dabi. His heat was too intense for her, and yet she kept clinging onto it. If this was the only way to keep her from falling deeper into that pit, then so be it...

But she would soon come to regret that decision...

Dabi was not Touya. He had no warmth in his heart, but rather, an unforgiving fire that burned from the inside out. It consumed his very soul, until there was nothing left but hatred and rage. He was like a spider's web, she was unable to escape his flame. She hated it, and she loved it all the same. His fire, was welcoming as well as it was terrifying. 

He had her right where he wanted her, but like herself, he soon came to regret it. His mind was so clouded with the idea of keeping her close to him, all to himself, that he ended up chasing her away.  But like the fire that burned within him, he would not let her go so easily. 

She was his...and he was hers...

That is how it always has been...and always will be...

In darkness, it was hard to keep herself conscious. But if she listened carefully enough, she could hear what was around her. Yelling. It was faint, but it was yelling none the less. Then there was voices, she could tell who they belong to or what they were saying, but she could hear the muffled exchanges of words. The voices became more and more distant until she was met with the same silence as before.

Where was she? What had happened for her to suddenly become deaf and blind to the world? Wherever she was, she felt as if she were floating. Was she dying? Was this to be her last moments? 

'No...that man...he did this...' 

Struggling, she remembered the small blue marble that appeared in front of her before everything went black. 

'He was...told to do this...to capture me...' 

But where was she? That she still didn't know. With the last few moments of consciousness, she uttered the words:

"Help me...Touya..."