Chapter 20 - A Day Before the Formal

Start from the beginning

General POV

"Excuse me ma'am Sandra? Can I leave too? I have to be somewhere." Yue had said as the class reacted in a suspicious manner.

"Whoa there don't tell me you are going to follow him." Professor Sandra had said to her teasingly and she noticed that Yue had blush a little. "It's really pretty obvious that she likes him," the professor had thought to herself and she gave her the permission to leave the class like Seiryu and she began to look for him.

"Where could he be and why am I looking for him?" she thought to herself as she walked the hallways of the second year sector. She then ran into Elle who was eating an ice cream on a cone.

"Hey Yue!" she called out to her and Yue immediately went near her.

"Elle, have you seen Seiryu anywhere?" Yue had asked her

"Yeah, he just passed by here. He probably was going to the school gate. That's where he usually stays. He acted strange though, just stormed off and went pass me." Elle had said in response and Yue had rushed to the hallway that led to the Academy gate.

"What's up with her?" Elle had thought as she walked off and went towards where her dorm is.

Yue had made it to the Academy gate and Elle was right. Seiryu sat there alone. He didn't wear his school uniform for there was no class; instead he wore a red plain shirt which was sort of fitting and baggy jeans and white sneakers. He didn't have his katana with him. Yue had gone near him and Seiryu had immediately noticed as he said:

"Look, you're probably thinking that I would ruin the Formal for you so save your breath I don't want to hear it."

His words actually for the first time had pierced through her heart. She didn't know why she was hurt but she did get hurt. Yue had liked him but at the same time she despised him for his attitude.

"I wasn't going to say anything." She replied.

"Then why are you here?" he asked back coldly.

"I was just…" she tried to say but then she was cut off by Seiryu again.

"Going to tell me what to do again? Or is it something else this time?" he had said.

"Why do you have resentment towards me, what did I ever do to you?!" Yue had shouted at him.

"Forget it…" Seiryu had said as he stood up and walked off towards the Academy but something or rather someone had stopped him in his tracks.

"That' wasn't very nice you know…" a voice had said as he looked in front of him. He saw a black haired student with eyes with the same color as the sky. He wore a shirt and a black jacket over it and his pants were jeans with black sneakers.

"Lucian?" Seiryu had thought to himself and he saw Lucian walk over to where Yue is and he grabbed her hand and kissed it gently. Yue had blushed at the gentle gesture of the elegant student.

"That's no way to treat a lady Seiryu, let alone your partner." Lucian had said to him.

"How the hell did he know that she was my partner in the formal?" Seiryu had thought to himself.

"Telekinesis. " Lucian had replied and this had shocked Seiryu more.

"So he can read my mind?" Seiryu had thought again.

"Yes I can." Lucian kept replying. "Its fun to converse with the mind, because it houses the deepest and purest of thoughts of a person, thoughts that can never be clouded that is." He added and Yue was a little bit surprised at the black haired student.

"You're Block B's prefect right?" she had asked him.

"Yes I am." Lucian replied with a smile. "Now now this isn't about me but it is more about you Ms. Yue." She had said.

"The hell do you want?" Seiryu had said.

"Nothing really, I was just merely passing by when I had heard people quarreling. I sought to put a rest on the petty quarrel." Lucian had replied. He then faced Yue and said. "Now now, Yue you don't need to feel sad. Be strong instead." He said to her as he pat her head gently. He then walked over to where Seiryu and passed by him.

"Expect a call from me soon Seiryu and please do enjoy the Formal tomorrow okay? No need to put on such a grim look on your face." Lucian had said as he walked and made his way inside the Academy.

"Be strong huh?" Yue had said to herself and immediately she had felt better when she had heard those words. Seiryu still had that uneasy look on his face.

"He's not normal. Not like the other guys I have fought here. It feels like he's a class above those guys." He thought and then he felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Yue.

"What?" Seiryu had looked at her.

"You dropped this when you fell from the Old Treyah Tower days ago." Yue had said as she gave her back a chain that seemed familiar to him. "Hegel's chain. I didn't notice it until now. No wonder my katana felt different." He thought to himself and he took it from Yue.

Flashback

"Seiryu!" Yue had said as he fell down from the top floor of the tower. She tried to save him but it was too late. She then noticed something seemed to have snapped of the sword of Seiryu. It was there on the spot where he stood. It was a chain, a silver colored chain that had looked like a part of a necklace. Yue had picked it up and held on to it.

"Be safe…" she had said as she had kept the chain in her pocket. She had worried about him when he fell.

End of Flashback

"Tha-Thanks…" he replied coldly.

"I was going to give it back immediately but you didn't go to class." She had replied as she had walked ahead of him.

"See you at the formal tomorrow." She had said.

"She's trying to change. How come? Why wasn't she her shallow self? Well whatever." Seiryu had thought as he made his way back to the Academy and eventually made his way towards his dorm. He went inside the dorm and immediately he took his katana. He had checked the sword handle and only noticed now that the chain was not there and only a small of it had been present.

"It must've snapped on to something when I fell from the tower." He thought as he tied it around the end of the handle again.

"There we go." He said as he set it aside and sat down on his bed and eventually rested.