Chapter 21 - Preparations for Tonight

Chapter 21 – Preparations for Tonight

I got up late in the afternoon from a very long sleep. I didn't realize that it was a very long sleep after I had attached the missing chain from the katana. Looking at the clock I then realized that the Formal was in the evening in the ballroom of Treyah. I took the invitation that layed on my study table and saw what was written.

The Treyah Academy Formal

A Culminating Activity of the Juniors and Sophomores

Starts at 8:00 pm

I had then remembered that Yue was my partner. Crap this is going to be some night. I hope that I wouldn't get into dancing because I hate it. All those first year classes of formalities were really useless for me and I probably had forgotten how to do all those things already. I stood up afterwards and went near my closet. I opened the closet and saw an elegant looking formal suit. This was known as the Tuteur Gala Uniform. It was a black coat jacket with a collar that had gold outline on it and it had the Academy Seal on the right side pocket. The pants matched the color of the coat jacket and they were slacks and it had black boots that suited the suit to go with it.

That was what all the males were going to wear to the formal while the females go in a dress of their choice. I remembered that I had to pick up Yue from her house in Aldwin City, knowing that she doesn't have a dorm here. From what I can remember, Yue always goes to school with a chaperone who also acts as her driver. I know this because she wouldn't stop flaunting it when we were all in first year. I hated the fact that I was the one that was going to pick her up; I mean why won't she just go here on her own? What a ditz.

I checked the time and it was 3:00 pm already. I might as well tune my motorcycle already so I headed to the parking lot of the Academy. Upon arriving at the parking lot, I went near my motorcycle and started the engine. It was revving just fine, no gas leaks, no nead for oil changes, brake fluid was still intact and all that. I had left alone for a few minutes as I noticed another person in the parking lot. It was Melfice and he walked towards me as I sat on the floor near my motorcycle.

"Nice bike." I heard him say, I didn't reply. He already had the slack pants on with the boots. He just wore a white shirt for the top.

"So who's your partner?" he asked. I still didn't reply and to be honest, that was the last thing that I wanted to be reminded of right now.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" he finally shouted.

"Calm down ditz." I commanded him and he was getting a bit angrier.

"Are you intentionally provoking me?" he asked as he was clenching his fists.

"Nope." I replied as I went back to my bike and revved up the engine even more. My bike was in perfect condition and it can go up to another region if I had the time. "Yue's my partner." I replied to him now.

"Ahh, she seems nice." Melfice had said and he was already calming down.

"Yeah right" I thought to myself as I revved up my bike some more and eventually shut it off. I probably should be getting back to my dorm now to prepare for tonight.

I walked off and immediately I heard Melfice say

"Hey wait up!"

I stopped in my tracks and he caught up with me. It looked like he was going to say something important.

"What?" I asked him.

"Remember when I said that you'll be hearing from Lucian soon?" he asked me.

How could I forget? I had an encounter with the guy just yesterday at the Academy gates.

"Yeah, we had an encounter yesterday at the gates. He said something about a call. You know what that's about?" I asked him in return and Melfice looked uneasy as he started walking towards the Academy entrance from the parking lot but he stopped just before he opened the door.