Chapter 8 - In Retrospect

Chapter 8 – In Retrospect

"Alright, what happened?" I had heard a voice ask me. It was pitch black in the place where I was at and the voice I heard was the only thing that seemed to be there in that place.

"I've fallen…" I had said but I was surprised myself that I wasn't cold when I said it.

"Why don't you get up?" the voice had said to me.

"I'm not sure that I can…after all I've been through.." I replied to the voice. It was beginning to sound more like a girl's voice.

"Hello…" the voice said to me once more.

"Uhhh…" I couldn't do anything but groan in pain as I felt myself. I was actually regaining consciousness now but my eyes are still closed.

"Get up!" The voice had shouted. Now I know that I wasn't imagining it. I then opened my eyes and I was surprised at what I saw.

She had long hair that reached up to her back and it was platinum colored with streaks of blonde in it. Her eyes were blue as the cerulean skies and her skin was very bright in color that it looked almost pale. She looked about my age and was dressed in a red shirt and a short skirt that reached up to her thighs. She wore black boots as her footwear and her right forearm had a tattoo on it.

"Ughhh…. How did I get here?" I asked the girl as I sat up and felt my head. My katana was still with me and I still had my cuts on my lip and on the upper section of my right eye.

"You fell from the sky." She had replied to me. Her voice sounded calm and beautiful. I was captivated by it in an instant. "Surprisingly you're still alive after that huge fall." She had said as she smiled at me and went nearer.

"You're bleeding.." she had said as she put her index and middle finger of her right hand on the cut above my right eye. Her hand was suddenly surrounded by a faint green light and immediately I felt my cut disappear in that area. Then she moved on to the cut on the left end mf my lip and in an instant my cut had disappeared there as well.

"There, all better." She had said to me as she stood up and walked away from me.

"Th-thanks…" I said to her. What's the matter with me? Why am I feeling uneasy in front of her? She's just some girl I met here, a really pretty girl that I met here. I stood up as well and followed where she was going.

"Where am I?" I asked her

"Aldwin City slums." She replied to me. "It's just right on the other side of the entrance of the old Treyah Tower." She added.

The area looked like an old ruin city with all the scrap metal in the place. There were makeshift houses made out of used metals, probably some parts that people threw out years ago. It was a small town in Aldwin city and really I was sort of impressed about the innovation of these people.

"What's your name?" she asked me out of the blue

"Seiryu…" I said to her coldly.

"Nice to meet you Seiryu, I am Elle and I used live around these parts, but I haven't been here in a while because I'm a scholar at Treyah Battle Academy and I belong to section Block C 2nd year class. I have a dormitory there that I stay at." she had said to me.

So she goes to Treyah Battle Academy too huh? That explains the heal spell that she used on me earlier. I wonder though what her specialty is, what was her weapon of choice?

"I've seen you there before." She smiled at me as she said.

"What?" I asked her in return. I really could've sworn that I have never seen her before in my life.