Chapter 5 - This and That

Chapter 5 – This and That

It was a short walk going to my classroom and it took approximately about ten minutes. Some of my classmates had already gone inside the room while the others stayed outside to chat with other students from different Blocks. I had no friends or whatsoever in my Block and I intend to keep it that way, and in return these classmates of mine wouldn't dare mess with me. I was known to this class as the lone wolf, ice king, cold shoulder guy, etc.

I went in the room and sat down at my usual seat which was in the farthest seat in the back. I always found solitude in seating at this place for it kept me distant from everything that is happening when there is a class discussion. I looked around the classroom and saw the different cliques that were present and the most obvious one was the group of friends of our class prefect. They were gathered near the professor's desk as usual and I had heard them talking about current events about the ongoing war and the HISTOWA exam that was about to take place a week from now.

Our class prefect was leading the discussion as usual. Her name was Yue Aine and she annoyed the hell out of me because she thinks that she's a fucking know it all. I looked at her as I saw her sapphire blue eyes shine brightly in the room, her hair which had a dark blue hue on it reached up to her shoulders and she wore the female version of our school uniform which consisted of the same jacket top but a short skirt on the bottom portion of the uniform and long boots as shoes.

She was talking about her experiences with her magic as usual as she was our professor's "best student" when it comes to this class. Don't get me wrong, her magic casting is top notch but the ego in her personality just destroys the talent. I was still giving her my somewhat angry glare when suddenly one of her friends had seen me giving her an irritating look.

"Hey Yue, he's looking at you again with that angry stare." Her friend had said.

Yue had now looked at me after she had heard her friend say something. Her eyes told it all. It had sent me a message that she was a shallow minded, idiotic, naïve girl who doesn't even know anything about the real world. I saw her now standing up and going near the place where I was at. Fuck why now? I don't have the time to deal with her stupidity.

"What's your problem?!" I had heard her ask me.

I did not reply to her, figuring that if I had just left her alone she would go away. But, it failed.

"You're so immature Seiryu! You should just drop your cold act now or else" she had said to me.

"Or else what?" I had replied to her coldly. She looked as if she was out of words to say. Just as I suspected it was just another empty threat from a shallow minded bitch.

"Or else…." She had tried to reply to me.

"Save it. I have no time to deal with your stupidity." I had finally spoken as I laid my head on my table and tried to get some sleep. I had heard her friends say some nasty things about me when I had replied to her in a very rude way.

"Jerk!" one of her friends said

"Asshole!" another one said

"Idiot!" another one said as well.

These were just some of the things I have been called by her friends but I really didn't care, because as the saying goes; an empty can makes a lot of noise and that's what they all are, empty cans. The professor had arrived soon after that and Yue had returned to her seat which was probably in front of the professor. And I got my head up from the table and sat up straight now for my UTILIMAG class was about to start.

"Okay class." The professor had started. He was an old guy probably in his sixties already. He was bald and had a thin patch of beard on his chin, he was known as Professor Siegheart and he was a magic expert. "I'll start with a few administrative announcements regarding your Field Work Exam." He added and the whole class groaned in unison. I had already heard his Field Work Exam from Zaix because he was already done with this class and he had the same professor as me. What we needed to do in Siegheart's class was to capture powerful spirit energy from a specific monster that he will assign to us.