Chapter 20 - A Day Before the Formal

Chapter 20 – A Day before the Formal

This is a sin really it is. Being awake in the Academy on a Saturday is not really how I planned on spending my day since we didn't have any classes. Our class moderator had taken the liberty to announce the partners instead of posting it in the bulletin board. She wanted it to be a "surprise". That really explains why I haven't seen anything posted there for the past two days. Our block was the only block in the second year batch who didn't know our partners for tomorrow's formal. If I could get out now, I just would get out of here but no, attendance was again mandatory as usual.

The moderator had arrived on time. Her name was Professor Sandra. She had been our moderator already for the past year and she was in charge of homeroom activities in our block, homeroom activities that I don't really attend. When I was in first year, I had always gotten into trouble and she was always the one who took me to the Headmaster's office so yeah she knows my delinquent record pretty well.

"Okay guys, sorry for the delay. I really wanted this to be a surprise to all of you." The moderator had said. The girls in our class were already anxious to find out who their partners. Some boys were excited too and thankfully I was not one of them. Only one thing had crossed my mind though. What was Elle doing at this time of day? Whoa, what? Did I just do that? Thinking of someone else? Well that's a first huh.

"So here are the pairings for tomorrow's formal." I had heard the professor say. "First up is, Hugo and Chanel." She had said.

"Oh yeah!" I had heard Hugo shout out loud. Chanel was somewhat a classroom heart throb, well that was what the other guys thought anyway excluding me. I looked over to where Hugo's partner is and she was giving what out a look which seemed to be the look of disappointment. I mean who wouldn't be? The head of the so called "Discipline Crew" in our class was just a big wuss after all.

"Next up is, Seiryu and-" the professor had said as she intended to give a cliffhanger just to get my attention. I then looked at Professor Sandra with an annoyed face. "Aww c'mon Seiryu, it's a beautiful Saturday morning. You don't need to be grumpy all the time." She had added.

"I'm supposed to be asleep on my bed at this time." I replied to her. "Just tell me who my partner is so that I can get out of here." I said in annoyance and after that I had heard my classmates talk about me again as usual particularly the girls.

"Whoever ends as his partner would probably have the worst time at the Formal." UI had heard one girl said.

"I sure as hell don't want to be his partner." Another had said.

"And his partner is, Yue!" the professor had exclaimed and suddenly my world came crashing down like a meteorite making contact with the ground. If Zaix ever found out about this, he would totally make fun of me for being the unluckiest guy in the whole batch. I had heard the whole class gasp when she had announced who my partner was, but to my surprise Yue didn't have any violent reaction to the announcement. She just sat in her seat silently.

"Yue are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I had heard one of her friends had comforted her.

"I'm fine really." I had heard her say as she smiled at her friends. I raised my hand afterwards and the professor had acknowledged it.

"Yes Seiryu? And no, you can't change partners." She had said beforehand.

"Can I leave now?" I asked in return as I stood up from my seat and walked towards to the door.

"Fine, you got what you came for anyway right?" Professor Sandra had said as I had left the room and walked off somewhere.