Chapter 6 - Secrets

Chapter 6 – Secrets

The alarm had gone off and I woke up as planned. I checked the clock and the time was 10:03 in the morning. It gave me enough time to shower and prepare the necessities needed for my Field Work Exam in my UTILIMAG class. I went in my bathroom and near the sink as I saw my reflection on the mirror that was hung above it. Probably everything would be different if I had met my real parents, or if my brother hadn't died. I would not be here in this battle academy and I'd probably have a different way of living. I let out a huge sigh afterwards as I opened the faucet and then I began washing my face with the water that flowed out of the faucet. There was a towel that hung on the side of the bathroom and I took it as I wiped my face.

Now I took off my clothes as I wrapped the towel I had gotten from the hanger in my bathroom on my waist. I stepped in the shower as I removed the towel and opened the faucet. Cold water flowed from the shower as I was drenched with it. The water felt uncomfortable at first due to its low temperature but then my body had gotten used to it afterwards. I took an hour long shower and after that I again had gotten the towel that I left on the hanger near the left side of the bathroom and wiped myself dry. I stepped out of my bathroom and went back to my room and I went near my closet in order to get some clothes for the day. I had chosen my clothes and I put them on. It consisted of a white long-sleeved shirt with a logo of a black wolf on it, black slim fit jeans and my standard yellow sneakers with black stripes on the side of each of them. My hair was still wet so I turned on my small hairdryer that was automatically plugged in one of the electric sockets in my room and I started drying my hair. This will take just about 20 minutes and besides, I'm really not in a rush to meet Yue anyway.

I pondered on how strong a Behemoth actually is. Zaix had told me that they were huge creatures with long sharp horns that stuck out of their heads. He had already seen one but he told me that he ran away after it had overpowered his team in the Trial Exams so he was held back for another term to try again. I will not however suffer the same fate because I will be stronger than that Behemoth. I will kill it myself even without Yue's help.

My hair was already dry and it had only been 15 minutes. I had checked the alarm clock on my room again and it was already 11.45am. I was just about in time to meet Yue because the walk from my dorm to our classroom was 10 to 15 minutes long and I intend to slow down because as I said earlier, I'm really not in a rush to meet Yue. I grabbed my katana from the floor on which I had set it down and I also grabbed the grey beanie which was on my study table and I put it on and I stepped out of my dorm and locked my door. I was now making my way to meet Yue in our classroom.

Yue POV

Knowing Seiryu, he was probably going to be late as usual. He was always late when it comes to academic concerns and he seemed to show little interest in his studies. I, on the other hand was the opposite, for I always want to be the best and in just 2 years I had already achieved that. Being the Block D class prefect meant everything to me; it gave me identity and purpose in life, but he just couldn't see that. Seiryu always had to be mean to me, giving me that cold treatment like he did to everyone else. Did he really hate me? I know I hate him, but not to the point that I shun him completely. He was lucky that I still had put up with him for this assignment. It still bothers my mind on why he hated everyone around him? Why was he cold to everyone? Did he have trust issues? I guess I didn't really hate him after all if I'm thinking about him like this, in fact, I have always felt the opposite. I like him, ever since he had been my classmate a year ago. He was really a cute guy if you don't put his attitude in the mix and my friends in class already know this. This reminds me of the time that I was talking to some of my friends before.