chapter 46.

xlvi.

"hold onto that side," ara instructed and taehyung complied, holding on to the two pieces of cookies as the girl applied white icing to combine them. who knew building a gingerbread house would be this difficult?

choi ara had found a shop that allows visitors to build their own gingerbread house and what else would they be doing if it wasn't building a cookie house on christmas eve?

ara could tell taehyung had never done this before. he seemed clueless on the first phase so she guided him on what to do and he had been a good sport ever since. the girl had always wanted to try building a gingerbread house with someone else besides her family members.

building the roof was the toughest part. the four walls needed to be stable enough for it to work. the white icing was all over the place and it made the house messy, however, the duo didn't care about it since they would cover it up with more icing and lots of decorations.

her stable hands slowly positioned the roof on top of the four vertical cookie walls. once it made contact with them, taehyung slowly lets go of the base as he grabbed the icing bag and covered the holes to connect the pieces. it was pretty amusing how focused the two young adults were.

surrounding them was a group of high schoolers or small children with their parents helping them make their gingerbread houses. they weren't as focused and concentrated as ara and taehyung though.

"it worked!" taehyung exclaimed and ara cheered, fist-pumping the air in victory at their success after their third attempt.

"holy shit, that took us one hour," the girl informed, slumping down her seat to loosen up. her back was aching after bending too long.

"we're not done yet. we need to decorate it," he reminded and started decorating the roof of the house with lime green icing. hearing this, ara stretched her spine before getting back to work and decorated the front side of the house with a door and window in red icing.

minutes had passed when the pair finally finished the gingerbread house with a satisfied grin, proud of their work. they looked at each other and high-fived, not minding the icing that was stuck on their faces.

a vibration can be heard against the table as taehyung glanced down at his phone and eyed the screen, finding park jimin texting him. ara was busy taking pictures of the completed gingerbread house so he picked up his phone and unlocked it to reply.

JIMIN:
taeee are you done with
your number 2?

JIMIN:
you're taking forever.
we practically walked around
the whole mall and do karaoke
without you.

TAEHYUNG:
oh.

TAEHYUNG:
uhm well, i'm not here alone.
i'm with ara right now.

JIMIN:
YOURE IN THE TOILET
WITH ARA?

JIMIN:
don't tell me you guys—

JIMIN:
oh god, i hope no one heard you.
lock the damn doors.

JIMIN:
wait a minute I THOUGHT
ARA WENT TO BUSAN WITH
MINJEE WHY IS SHE HERE
WITH YOU?

TAEHYUNG:
what the fuck. i'm with ara but
not in the toilet. she didn't go to
busan, her family's in seoul.

TAEHYUNG:
get your dirty mind out
of the gutter, thanks.

JIMIN:
oh... so you're telling me
you ditched us to hAnG ouT
with choi ara?