chapter 30.

xxx.

"you're here early," jungkook softly smiled, the corner of his lips curving up a little as he moved to sit beside minjee, who was still staring at him in bewilderment. noticing this, the male looked at her from the corner of his eye.

they made eye contact for a few seconds before he spoke, "take a picture it will last longer." he sheepishly grinned and wiggled his eyebrows, teasing her. what he didn't expect was her response.

"i will."

she pointed her phone camera at him, his figure appeared on the screen. jungkook was awkwardly looking at the camera still registering her words. he didn't expect her to say that as he was only fooling around. he hastily looked away and fidgeted in his seat.

minjee noticed this as her eyes shifted away from the camera and onto him, arching her eyebrows. "look in the camera and smile, you zygote," she emphasized the first and last part, intentionally mocking him for not looking at the camera before and how he looked like a baby.

jungkook's eyebrow twitched when he heard what she called him before turning his head and looked into the camera lenses. "don't call me a zygote," he unknowingly sulked and minjee found this adorable. he then plastered a minor smile holding a peace sign.

he heard a small 'click!' indicating that the photo had been taken. minjee tapped the bottom corner of her phone screen before looking at the picture. she then turned her head and gave the male a thumbs up, nodding her head in satisfaction.

"you look like a bunny. i'll post this later. and also happy birthday!" she clapped her hands in tiny, cheering him for his born day. "you're twenty-two now," she notified.

jungkook shyly rubbed the back of his neck and looked away from her gaze, an abrupt blush was evident on his cheek giving a red shade. he then nodded his head because suddenly he couldn't form words to reply to her. her captivating smile made him speechless.

minjee stood up and it caught his attention in an instant, looking at her with a puzzled expression. "let's go," she nudged her head at the deeper side of the park. she made her way there, leaving the confused jungkook before he eventually followed.

the girl halted in a vast area located within the park where he could see children flying kites or playing tag amongst each other. their parents settling somewhere nearby keeping watch. jungkook noticed couples chatting to each other and taking pictures every now and then or having picnic.

jungkook unconsciously clutched his bag which held his travel camera inside. he wanted this moment to be memorable, particularly since he was alone with choi minjee on his birthday.

the sound of a blanket being burst open was heard and he looked to his right to see minjee spreading a large purple-colored blanket on the grass, fixing the edges that had been tucked by the wind. the weather was perfect — not too hot and not too cold.

minjee patted the area beside her for him to sit down as she crossed her legs. she looked through her bag to make sure she had everything she required for tonight. the shuffling sound of jungkook plopping beside her was heard.

when minjee was certain everything was complete, she unconsciously turned her head towards jungkook only to see that he was already staring at her.

not knowing what to do, her hand — which was still inside the bag — felt a boxy-like compartment and she pulled it out, revealing a container filled with fresh grapes. "want some?" she awkwardly chuckled and opened the lid, grabbing one grape for herself and consuming it.

she took another grape and shoved it to his face. the male eyed the fruit between her fingers before proceeding to open his mouth and bit onto the grape. minjee froze, quickly letting go. that wasn't what she intended.

on the other hand, jungkook was savoring the sweet taste of the grapefruit spreading inside his mouth and also the fact that his crush had fed him.

they played a game of catch where minjee threw a grape at him and he was going to catch it with his mouth in which he succeeded five times out of seven rounds. when it was her turn, she managed to catch four grapes out of seven.

this continued for a while until the clock strikes twelve. jungkook wanted to head to a nearby mall to eat for lunch and minjee agreed, not wanting to decline as it was his birthday today. the two streamers packed up before leaving the now crowded park with their masks on.

not knowing that someone had snapped a picture of them when they were having fun.