Part 5

Sorry it took so long!! Hope you like it! I promise to try and make it long - Mermy

----------------------------------

There Gar was, I had no way to talk to him. The doctors told us he was in a coma. I sat next to him in a chair waiting for him to wake up. They told us that it might take days, weeks, or even months for him to wake up.  

"I hope you wake up soon. Man, what happened? Who did this to you?!" I felt the anger start to boil up. Then it turns into loneliness. It hurts seeing my best friend beat up. I realise how much he means to me, and how I really trust him more than anyone else. "Please wake up, Gar," I whisper hoping he might wake up. He doesn't even stir.

Everyone else has left considering it's three in the morning and we came at eight pm. I look down at his almost purple face, and stroke his hair. I feel myself becoming tired so I lean back in my chair. I go to sleep within seconds.

I wake up after a dreamless sleep. I look around forgetting where I am for a bit, then remember just as fast. My stomach grumbles so maybe I'll go to breakfast. I look at him before getting up and walking out of the room. 

I push the down button and wait for the elevator. I tap my foot impatiently on the ground. The elevator door opens and I see Venla. "There you are Ilinka! We've been looking for you! Did you stay with Gar the whole time?" She asks. 

"Yeah."

"Did you sleep at all?"

"I fell asleep at about three or so. I'm hungry."

"Wow you must be tired. I was just going to check on him. How is he doing?"

"He seems to be doing the same. No better, no worse."

"Oh I have something for you." She fishes around in her pocket then hands me a package wrapped in paper. "What's this?" I ask

"Dermont said to give it to you. I know what you're thinking, open it, you'll like it." I open in to see three rice cakes! Yum! We almost never have them and they're delicious! 

"Where did he get this?!" I ask not sure if I can eat it.

"I'm not sure, but you better be thankful. As annoying as he is, that was pretty nice of him," She says with a small smile. I feel the corners of my mouth tug up. I bite into one of the rice goodness. YUM!!! 

I missed the elevator and we're both standing, Venla is staring at me smiling. I smile back. I then again push the elevator button and wait. "Well I'm gonna go see Gar. I'll see you for exercise! Bye!" Venla says. "Bye," I say quietly. Then the elevator opens and I walk down pushing the button for the eating room. 

The door opens and I walk down the hall. I open the doors to the giant room and hear all sorts of chatter. I look around for Dermont, I can't believe I'm doing this. He spots me first and walks over. "Hi Ilinka," He says slightly smiling. "Hi. Um, thank you for the rice cakes. I really like them, and I'm going to save them. It was really really nice of you," I blabber. Maybe I shouldn't have said all that. Dermont's small smile turns into a huge grin. "I'm glad you liked them!" 

"Where did you get them though?"

"That's for me to know." He says I'm about to protest but I get cut off by the announcements. I walk out the door and to the exercise room before I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Duilio. "Hi. I thought we weren't meeting till lunch," I say half asking. "Because we have a slight problem," He says with a grave face. I drop my slight smile. He pulls me along with him.

We stop in front of a wall. I look at it, its the same way like where Slavica was. It looks like its a screen I squint my eyes for a second before he pulls me through the wall with him. There's a VERY long staircase down. "Do we have to go down that?" I ask almost pleading not to. He nods and pulls my arm a long. We walk down the stairs pretty quickly. I feel like I'm about to trip, then glide my hand along the hand rail until we reach the bottom. 

He opens a door to a small office. He sits down at the small wooden table, and I sit in the only other chair across from him. "So whats going on?" I ask. "OK, first, we have placed little cameras all over the ship. The Alians haven't because they use robots for recording and finding things. Well we found a robot that was totally beat up and mashed and broken with blood. We took out the memory chip and found that it had beat up a boy that knew about the  Alians." He said looking at me. "What did the boy look like...?" I ask.

"He had black hair, grey eyes, lightish skin."

Gar. I feel my face loose it's color. "What's wrong?" He asks. "I know that boy. He's my best friend. His name is Gar, I told him everything."

"Oh."

"It's all my fault..."

"No, it's not you're fault. All you did was tell him. You didn't know what would happen-" He says I run out the door and up the stairs. "Ilinka! Miss Nolan! You need to come back we have to talk more!" I don't go back though I just keep running trying to keep back the tears. It's all my fault. If I hadn't told Gar, he would be healthy and awake. I might loose my friends because I took him into my business... 

A tear drops just as I go through the wall. I run to the elevator and push the up button. The door opens and I quickly walk in and push the button for the hospital and wipe my face on my sleeve. I lean against a wall and try to stop myself from crying. I take a deep breath and walk out of the elevator and down the hall, through the doors, and down another hall to Gar's room. 

I look at him seeing his head is even more swollen. I run to his side and silently curse at myself. "I'm so sorry! I had no idea what I told you would endanger you. I never want you to be hurt or sad," I start to cry again. I grab a hold of his good hand and give it a small squeeze. I hear the door open but don't turn around to see who's there. They walk around and put a hand on my back. I then look up and see Dermont. He puts and arm around me and I hug him back crying into his shoulder. I have never felt so bad, or so regretful. 

Dermont doesn't even ask me any questions he just says soothing things. I finally stop crying and wipe my face with my other sleeve. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asks nicely. "It's all my fault..." I say looking at the ground. 

"I'm sure it's not you're fault. You had no way to know that if you told him this would happen." I remember he can tell what I'm thinking which makes me relieved I don't have to tell him. I breeth deeply, and look up at Dermont's face. "Thank  you," I say.

"I didn't do anything."

"Yes you did, you were there for me. I really appreciate it." I say sincerely. 

"Well aren't you the thankful one today? I think I could definitely live with this, you being thankful for me," He says teasingly. I playfully slap his shoulder feeling a little better. We both sit down with our backs against the wall.

"Don't worry, he'll wake up soon and be ok," Dermont says after some silence. "I just hope he won't be too mad at me," I say my voice full of worry. "He loves you, no matter what you do to him, he'll still love you." Dermont says. I'm about to  ask what he means but he stands up and walks out of the room, leaving me un sure of almost everything.