Part 4

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην Kira-Kira

Hi guys! I had two lacrosse games today and we lost both... yeah it put me in a little bit of a down mood. But I'm happy to be writing! Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------

I walk into my room quietly seeing Gerlinde studying. "Hey," I said semi-smiling. She looked up startled and surprised to see me. "Why so surprised?" I said chuckling. "Just didn't expect to see you," She says looking back at the book. I give a questioning look but decide to leave it alone. I sit down on my bed and it in response makes an obnoxious springy sound. 

Food processing blah blah blah. I was not in the mood for reading terrible things. Don't get me wrong I am very sad about them, and I think they are outrageously stupid but, right now my eyes couldn't focus. I skimmed about cows and hamburgers... wait. How could people do that? Reading this stuff always puts me in a foul mood.  I start to lay back on my bed when I hear a knock at the door. 

"Got it!" I yell jumping off the bed. I hear Gerlinde chuckle. Wait! A chuckle! She never smiles, let alone laughs! I look over to see her staring at me smiling! "Wow the end must be near, Gerlinde is smiling," I joked then laughed a little. She laughed and I opened the door. There was Enzi. "Hi!" He almost shouted.  "Come in," I said. He walked inside and sat on my bed. Which made me frown a bit, for some reason I don't like other people sitting on my bed. Gerlinde started to laugh a bit. Wow she was in a really good mood today. How rare is that?

"Whoa. Did Gerlinde just... laugh?" Enzi said with fake surprise. I held back some laughter. "Hey I laugh!" Gerlinde protested. With that I burst out laughing. Then all three of us were laughing. Just then the door opened and in came Pierre and Venla. "Whats going on here? Wait, Gerlinde is laughing?"  Pierre said his eyes getting big. "Whoa," Venla whispered. "I laugh! Goodness guys, you make it seem like I'm always serious!" She protested again. "You are!" Venla said laughing. "You take things too literally," Gerlinde grumbles which sends us into another fit of laughter. 

The laughing has to end sometime and ends when we get the dinner announcement. We get up and head out the door, me locking it with my key.

OK, let me explain the room situation. Everyone is assigned one room with another girl. I share mine with Gerlinde. Sometimes there's three people to a room, which happened to me last time when I was with Melba and Melek. Down the hall, is one hall there are about eight rooms, and two bathrooms. They're both the same gender bathrooms, since the boy and girl sleeping quarters are on opposite sides of the ship. In the heart of the ship is the dining room. In the middle floor there is the dining room as I said, and exercise rooms. Also the floor above are "hang out" rooms, with a few chairs. I almost never go there, since that would be a total waste of my free time, when I like to explore.

"Hi Ilinka," Gar and Dermont say at the same time. 

"Hello boys," I say with a genuine smile. 

I see Dermont start to give me a cocky grin. I don't want him to ruin my great night of laughter, so I'll see everyone tomorrow. I'm pretty tired plus, I have a feeling tomorrows going to be big. I'm going to see the ships. Another part of the puzzle will come together tomorrow.

"Um actually I think I'm going to skip dinner, it looks pretty gross. So I'll catch you guys later!" I say before giving a short wave and turning on my heels turning to walk back to my room. I turn into my room grab some night clothes and head to a bathroom. 

I change put my clothes down the laundry shoot, then pull the electronic teeth cleaner out of my drawer. I also pull out a brush and make an attempt to brush my hair, which turns out pretty good. I smile and put the things back in my drawer and head out of the bathroom. 

I turn off the light and head into bed, intent on having a dream where I get to communicate with Slavica. I smile and go into a dream.

I look around seeing I'm in a chair. In front of me is a wood table, and I'm in a pretty bright red room with brown floors. I look and see a window with what I know, are trees. I smile, the green of the leaves are beautiful. Then I hear the door open. Slavica!

"Hello Ilinka," She says. 

"Hi," I say smiling. Then I turn to a frown when I remember what I wanted to talk about. "You never said I had to lead a war helping us get freed! And I have a war captain for ships? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"So you met Duilio, huh?" She says keeping her cool.

"Yesterday."

"Have you seen the war ships yet?"

"No, I'm going to see them tomorrow after lunch. Duilio is going to show me them." 

"Good. I can almost smell freedom!" She says forcing a small laugh. "Oh it looks like you're getting woken up. We can talk later." She says quickly before the dream ends. 

"Ilinka! Gar is badly hurt!" I hear Pierre is screaming in my face. He pulls me out of bed my arms, then opens the door and brings me down the hall while I'm in my night clothes. "You disturbed my dream..." I say tripping as he pulls me along running.

"Did you not hear me?! Gar looks really bad!" He says harshly. A wave of worry washes over me. Uh oh. Uh oh. Uh oh. Is all I can think. We go in a elevator as he pushes the button for the floor where the hospital is. The elevator feels like forever. We run out of the elevator and into the doors. He shows me the room where Gar is. 

I fall to my knees. Gar. His lips are bleeding, he has two black eyes, his arm and a leg are bent in a way they're never supposed to be bent. His face is bruised all over, and so are his arms.

"What the hell happened?" I whisper.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N Cliff hanger. Don't worry I'll write another chapter tomorrow. Love you my readers! Thanks for making me #191 on whats hot!!!! You guys are so awesome!!