28

Utilizing his full strength, Abel yanks a fist full of my hair. Although he's in human form it feels like he could rip my head from my body without much effort.

The guard quickly reacts, sprinting across the room to hold my screaming mother back. She fights against him but to no avail. Void of any remorse, the Alpha forces me into the hallway. The potent smell of blood hits my nostrils, I could faint if it wasn't for him dragging me along.

Carelessly, I'm tossed on the floor of his bedroom, "If you behave we can get this over with quickly" he pulls out a rope from his closet.

Now staring up at him, I try to scoot away but he captures me again. My whimpers turn into weeps, the anticipation of what's to come is overwhelming. Abel goes straight to tying my arms behind my back and securing them to the foot of the bed.

Once his work is done, he takes a few steps back and admires the sight. Even in silence he's intimidating. A shiver travels up my spine when I notice his eyes begin to glow ocean blue.

"W-why are you turning?" I squirm from the creature that begins to take form. His once humanoid body grows to nearly twice its size with wolf fur that is as white as snow. He drops onto four legs and growls at me showing off his sharp k-9 teeth.

I shout at the top of my lungs calling out for help but no one comes to my rescue. In the next room over, I can hear my upset mother swearing at the guards.

My heart beats uncontrollably as the wolf struts over. Face to face with the transformed monster, wetness slides down my cheeks. I'm too terrified to speak.

The brief stare-down ends when he flips me onto my stomach. It happens so fast my head spins. The powerful wolf's paws keep me in place, despite all my kicks. Raising one arm, Abel's claws rip into my back. Just as warm blood splatters against my torn shirt, my strained vocal cords push out a primal scream. The noise isn't like anything that's ever come from my mouth before. Burning pain surges through my body as darkness takes over. My hollers cease as consciousness slips away.

An indefinite amount of time passes while I'm suffering from the blackout. Presumably, hours later my fatigued eyelids finally flutter open. The first sound I hear is my mother's voice, "Oh thank God! You're awake" she caresses the side of my face.

Once my blurred vision begins to clear, I notice I've been moved to the bed and positioned flat on my stomach. I attempt to lift my head but the soreness is too much to handle. A small groan of pain pours out. 

"Shh, I know. You're going to be fine. I'm bandaging you up right now" she wraps up my wounds with gentle hands. Fortunately, the bleeding has stopped, the damage could have been far worse.

"Oh look my little drama Queen is finally awake" Abel, now in human form, returns with a wine glass in hand.

Being too injured to respond, my mother defends me, "Drama queen? You brutalized her!" she stands to her feet.

He glances at me nonchalantly, "I made sure not to sink my claws into her too deep, just enough to scar. Her life isn't in any danger".

His excuses only anger me, "Why would you do that?" I ask through clenched teeth and agony. Attacking someone in wolf form is cruel, only a true psycho would be casual about it. 

"You should be grateful to get a mark from someone as important as me. Everywhere you go people will know that you're taken, it's the highest honor" he arrogantly explains that it was all for the purpose of marking his territory. For werewolves, a 'mark' can be anything from a bite to a tattoo.

"It doesn't feel like an honor" I disagree wholeheartedly with his stance.

Abel bends down to my level and strokes my hair, "I understand but you pushed me to it. I had no intentions of marking you in the beginning, but you continued to disobey. Apparently there needed to be a visual reminder" the Alpha's fingers travel down my back.

Without knocking a guard enters,"Sir, we have the plane ready" he stands with a straight back like a soldier.

"I can't leave my daughter in this condition!" the woman immediately refuses to leave. It snaps me back to the conversation the three of us had before my blackout. This is supposed to be my punishment for trying to escape.

"She will be fine, it's only a little scratch. I have medical staff just in case she needs extra attention", he tries to reassure her but she knows she has no choice. After what's happened tonight, she won't be allowed to stay.

Trying to conceal her tears, she takes my hand into hers, "Anastasia, I'm sorry for everything I put you through. It was my job to protect you and I failed. All I ask is please take care of yourself. I will see you again one day but for now, this is how it has to be" she plants a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm glad we found each other. I wouldn't change it for the world", I faintly whisper.

We both say our heartfelt farewells before my mother is escorted out. I have faith we'll reunite soon but I can't help but feel like this is the last 'I love you' I will ever hear from her.

Soon it's only Abel and me, his tone becomes soft and forgiving, "Hopefully we can start over on a clean slate. I don't want to make things miserable for you, that's not what this is about" he sits down next to me.

"It's about getting what you want right?" I roll my eyes.

"Yes but that's how the world is. The sooner you admit it, the better" He shrugs and then takes a sip of alcohol.

"You win, I get it Abel" I accept the defeat without resistance. People have lost their lives over me, it would be selfish to want this to go any further.

"Cooperate and it won't be bad here. All this fighting only makes our relationship worse darling. Be a nice loving Luna, and you'll see the rewards that will come from it" the contentment in his voice is evidence of his victory. In the end, he got what he wanted.