2

A rough hand shakes my sleeping body as I lay peacefully in a pile of blankets. I open my eyes to see Leo standing over me.

"Wake up, we need to get going", he says.

I wipe the tiredness from my eyes, "Just leave me here", I pout not wanting to get up. Last night I cried myself to sleep in his arms. The feeling of sadness was so overwhelming, even today my eyes are swollen from all the tears.

He grabs my arms and tries to lift me but I fight him until he gives up, "Come on, don't do this. You can't survive on your own."

"Are you saying Omegas are weak?", I narrow my eyes at him.

He shakes his head, "No, but Omegas can't turn unless there is a full moon. That leaves you vulnerable most of the time. I shouldn't even be explaining this, you already know"

He has a point but that doesn't matter. I have survivor's guilt from the whole situation, "I want to go back, some of my people might be alive", I won't throw out the possibility despite it being unlikely.

The Alpha paces around the cave, "Even if that's true, right now isn't the right time. We need to lay low for a couple of days at least. The vamps are still in the area. I can sense them, can't you?"

I close my eyes and try my hardest but not being able to sense a faraway threat is another negative trait of being an Omega.

I shake my head with shame and embarrassment.

"Just another reason I'm taking you with me. Omegas don't have the abilities that Alphas and Betas do" he humbly brags.
I can't help but roll my eyes at his cockiness but I also see the bigger picture. I will be a lot safer with him at least for now, "Fine. I'll go but promise you'll take me back home once it's safe" I compromise with him as I stand from the floor.

A small smirk spreads across his face. "You have my word. Now get on my back and hold tight little one", he agrees then shifts to wolf form.

We travel miles in no time. The speed of an Alpha is unmatched. Not even Betas can cover this much distance so quickly.
Just as I grow impatient with the journey we approach his village-like community. They have an impressive garden, small but cozy cabins and not to mention a wind turbine.

At the gates of his home, he turns into human form and shows me inside. Carelessly he exists in the nude, it's a norm in werewolf society. Anytime you change into wolf form your clothes get torn to shreds.

I gawk at the elaborate architecture, it's a sharp contrast to my pack's basic campsite. The fact some werewolves live like this is mind-blowing.
He walks to the center of the community, and I follow him close behind. His pack quickly acknowledges his presence. Some run into their homes to alert the others.

"Vampires are in the area. You all know the rules. No leaving camp unless I permit you to. They attacked her pack, so she'll be staying with us for a while. To address the elephant in the room, yes she is an Omega but none of you have permission to touch her. That's an order", his deep voice echoes through the community.

They all nod their heads obediently. The power of an Alpha is on full display. When they talk everyone listens and doesn't question anything.

He dismisses them and they all go back to their normal routine. I caught a few odd glances but they know not to disrespect me especially not in front of Leo.

The nerves of being the new girl get to me and I can't wait to be somewhere in private. I couldn't be happier when he takes me to his private quarters.

The comfortable living arrangements are the icing on the cake. It's surely fit for an Alpha, with all the bells and whistles. The cabin is decked out with old tribal gear and animal bones. Not a single ounce of a feminine touch.

"You'll be staying here with me so I can keep an eye on you", he pulls out a robe and covers himself.

"Wow, everything is so perfect. Where I'm from is nothing like this. How do you all stay hidden?" curiosity gets the best of me. Leo's community is something I was told could never exist.

"It's all about location. My pack has roamed this forest for generations, we know the ins and outs. Our camp would be hard for any creature to find. Some Alphas make their people live like nomads but it doesn't need to be like that" he enlightens me on his lifestyle.

"That's what I'm used to. We travel nonstop. I've never had a real place to call home" I sit next to him on the couch and share my life as well.

"That's unfortunate. In my opinion, if the vamps can have their luxuries then so can we" Leo offers an alternative view.

Vampires are known to have a very structured society similar to what humans had. They claimed everything left by the previous civilization. I haven't seen it myself but I've heard the stories from my packmates. They live in towns and cities while we dominate the forest. It's part of the reason they feel superior and want to wipe us out. They can't stand the idea of a greater species existing outside of their world.

Knowing their war-hungry nature I ask the most important question in all of this, "Have they ever attacked your pack?".

He stands to his feet and gives a macho response, "Hell no, we have people that keep an eye on the area. If any creature ever got close to our home we would finish them right where they stand" his fist clenched at the thought.

Interrupting our conversation, a curly-haired brunette with an attitude walks in. "Leo, we need to talk", she stares directly at him, not once glancing over to me.

My heart skips a beat for this woman. Alphas don't tolerate disrespect. If I ever did that back home I would probably have a bright red hand mark across my face.

"Not now, I'm busy", he sighs frustratedly but that does nothing to calm the hostile Beta.

"People are already starting to talk. It's humiliating! You could've given me a heads up before you dropped a bomb like that" she goes on to complain about me, I assume.

This time I opt to mind my own business. I don't know anything about the dynamic between the two.

"Will you please excuse us", he flashes me an embarrassed expression then takes the woman outside. Being the nosy person I am, I quietly jog across the room and put my ear to the door.

"Elizabeth, you know how important it is that we help our kind", he sounds annoyed to be having the disagreement.

"She's a fucking Omega! It's different".

He raises his voice slightly, "How? You're the only woman I want. Just because she's an Omega doesn't mean I have to be with her. She isn't even my type, she's naive and immature. You're strong and independent, trust me you have nothing to be worried about".

The realization that this is his girlfriend hits me. No wonder she's so intimidated by my presence.

Elizabeth sighs, "I do trust you, it's just...weird. I never met an Omega before but I heard that they're whores".

My eyes widen in shock to hear her call me that. I can't do anything but bite my lip to prevent myself from having an outburst.

"Sweetheart, I really need to finish the conversation I was having", his hand touches the doorknob. I back away slowly but I can still hear what's being said.

"Alright, but make sure she knows that you're not her Alpha", she gives him a warning followed by a kiss.

I tiptoe back to the couch, waiting for the second that Leo would be returning. My mind runs a thousand miles a minute at what I had overheard. Maybe my stay here won't be as peaceful as I initially thought.

"Sorry about that, it's just pack-drama", he explains himself when he walks through the door.

"It's okay I understand", I forcibly smile.

"Let me show you to the guest room, I'm sure you'd like to relax after our long travels".

"Yeah, I am a little tired", I stand from the couch and follow him. With every step I take, I can't help but feel like the conflict with Elizabeth isn't over.