10

Brandon's car pulls into the driveway of a red two-story brick mansion. Unexpectedly my mother was fine with me leaving. I was surprised since she's been so protective over me thus far.

When we approach the home Brandon knocks on the door, waiting for his friend to answer. Once again the familiar scent of Alphas clouds the air. I'm starting to get used to it though it can be overwhelming at times.

"I see you brought company", a tan man with chiseled features grins the second he lays eyes on the two of us.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand but I push all uncertainty to the side. It's nice to see the two of them excitedly reunite despite my nervousness.

We are swiftly invited in, my eyes widen once I catch sight of the group of male werewolves. There are probably a dozen of them and they're all Alphas. The meeting he invited me to is more like a house party. 

"This is Anastasia, the girl we talked about" he pushes me towards his friend.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Collins. We usually don't bring women here but you're different" his eyes devour me.

I force myself to be pleasant, "Thanks for letting me tag along", my voice is low as not to draw too much attention.

"I have to warn you, your scent is very strong. I could smell you up the road. The others might be a little too friendly but I promise they're not dangerous", Collins pats me on the back like an old-time pal. When a full moon is near Omega's scents become more potent. It's a sign of ovulation.

Every muscle in my body clinches, Brandon notices my reaction to the comment. "I'll keep an eye on you, don't worry" he tries to reassure me but it doesn't help.

"Come on, we're already late", the host of the night takes us into the living room where the rest of the crew resides.

Collins stands in the middle of the commotion to get everyone's attention. "Brothers, It's time for us to make our mark and the council has given us the green light!" The crowd cheers and applauds.

"So we're really going through with this?" a random spectator blurts out.

"Yes, it's what we've been preparing for this whole year. I wasn't kidding when I said this was serious", his voice takes a more sinister tone.

Being completely clueless about this so-called Brotherhood, I discretely turn to Brandon "What's going on?"

"Remember how I told you we ran those weirdos out of town?" he invokes my memory and I nod.

"Well, we noticed a pack that's been operating in the area. We don't want that near our community" Brandon continues to explain the dilemma.

Collins demands my awareness once more when he speaks my name. "Anastasia is now a part of the plan. Her first-hand experience out in nature will be a great asset", he points over to me and all eyes instantly land my way.

"What am I supposed to do?" I nervously play with my long black hair.

"Be our little honey trap. Since you were raised that way it should be easy for you to infiltrate. Get them to trust you so we have eyes on the inside" his proposal is provocative in every way.

I entertain the idea though I have no plans of actually going through with it. "Ok if I do that, what's the goal? I need to know everything".

A devilish smirk comes over him, "We're going to ambush them".

"And kill them?", I raise an eyebrow.

"Only the Alpha, the others will have a chance to join our community" his confidence is alarming.

"Don't be worried, you're gorgeous and an Omega. You'll have the Alpha under your control in no time" the rest of the wolves watch our interaction with great interest.

"But they could be dangerous", my face scrunches up from the ridiculousness of it all.

Brandon leaps into the conversation to further persuade me to go along with the scheme, "What's the worse they could do to you? No one in their right mind would ever kill an Omega. Tell him you got separated from your pack and they'll take you in with open arms".

I can sense the passion growing amongst the men. Not to allow things to go too far, I let them down gently, "I want to help but my mom isn't going to let me go after just getting me back. The council paired me with an Alpha from the North, he's coming to see me any day now, it's just not a good time".

Collins's eyes plead with me, "Please we need you. Brandon will talk to your mom, she knows about our group. He'll tell her you want to hang with us for a couple of days".

I frustratedly sigh hearing about this horrible plan. The peer pressure from strangers is enough to get the best of me. There's no way I'm going to do this but it doesn't seem like they're going to take no for an answer. Coming up with a deflection is my only option, "I need to pee" I say without consideration of etiquette.

Brandon sends me in the right direction. "The restroom is down the hall, the last door on the right".

"There's a room for that?" since I lived away from the modern world the concept of a restroom is foreign to me.

The men erupt with laughter, some try to contain their amusement but they can't hold their chuckles.

"Yeah, there's something that kinda looks like a bowl. It's called a toilet. I'm sure you can figure the rest out", Brandon's face glows bright red having to explain the purpose of a restroom.

Embarrassment strikes me harshly, My feet scurry through the crowd as they all make space for me. I can hear them joke while I make my way through the long hallway. It seems like it takes forever to get there but I eventually reach it.

Hastily I shut the door behind myself and can finally breathe. Being away from them gives me time to collect my thoughts, it is a much-needed break.