6

"'Where are you taking me?" My fists whack at the butler's large frame as he drags me through the halls.

"Stop fighting you're going to be fine. We aren't here to hurt you", he pleads but I don't listen. I continue to struggle until he releases me from his grasp.

I fall to the carpeted floor and nearly hit my head luckily my arms catch me. "Sit and wait for further instructions", he orders me before shutting the door.

Misery sets in as I hear the lock turn from the outside. I pick myself up from the hard crash to survey my current predicament. The four walls that contain me are bare and the only piece of furniture is a small wooden bed.

How could I let something like this happen? I'm being held prisoner by these absurd council members and that coward Leo was probably in on it.

Rage consumes me but I'm powerless. My feet pace circles in the small room until my anger fades. As much as I hate it, the only thing I can do is wait. I flop onto the bed with an attitude.

My emotions slowly become calmer by the silence that surrounds me. The anger-induced brain fog disappears but leaves behind anguish. My cheeks burn red as tears stream down them. I can't hold back the soft whimpers and cries that escape my lips.

I wallow in self-pity for a while. I can't say how long it's been since the stress of the situation has thrown off my sense of time.

The sound of the doorknob twisting invokes a new level of fear. I quickly wipe my swollen eyes and pull my legs up to my chest like a child.

It comes as a surprise, that I'm approached by the council member I had spoken to earlier. His overwhelming height, slightly greyed hair, and fit physique make him even more authoritative. I peek up at his face to see a huge grin.

"We meet again little Omega, my name is Idris. You look terrified but don't be. Once you understand what's going on you'll be very pleased with Leo for returning you", his deep voice echoes off the walls.

The older Alpha takes the words from me, and all I can do is keep my mouth shut and let him do all the talking.

"You're here so we can look after you. You said your pack were nomads and your Alpha's name is Geoffrey. That's very compelling information", he strokes his beard.

"What exactly are you accusing me of?" I immediately jump on the defensive.

"I'm not accusing but I don't think you know the truth about Geoffrey."

My brows furrow at the mention of my Alpha. I try to work out what games are being played. I'm not that easily manipulated.
He chuckles at my confused expression, "He was exiled from the community many years ago. There have been rumors that he formed a new pack but no one could provide proof".

It feels as though my heart has sunk to my stomach. The tears I had dried up make a reappearance, "Even if that's true, he's dead now" I sniffle.

"I'm aware but you're still alive. I couldn't believe it when Leo told us. We all gave up looking for you a long time ago", he sounds genuine and sincere.

My inner turmoil battles with my better judgment. I don't want to believe him but he's very convincing. The man slowly comes near, then sits next to me. My defensive energy changes to something I've never felt before.

He sighs and continues to tell the story, "To make this short, Geoffrey used to be a part of the council until he went rogue. He was secretly a 'naturalist' meaning he was against our modernized society. Your papa was the exact opposite. These policy disputes put the council under immense pressure. Eventually, Geoffrey got fed up and left. I'm not completely sure why he took you. Could have been his backward belief that werewolf children suffer within our culture".

I listen to every word he says but my stubborn self isn't sold on the idea that my Alpha would do something like this,  "Bullshit!" I refute his claims bluntly.

"You're going to have to face reality sooner or later little Omega. He's a fraud, not your Alpha! You're right where you should be. Safe and sound" he slightly raises his voice so much that it puts fear into me.

I mumble in barely a whisper, "I don't belong here".

"Yes you do, just give it time" he pats me on the head. Right before I'm about to lose myself in a puddle of emotions, the butler and a strange woman come into the room without an invitation.

"Oh my God! Sweetheart, come here" the middle-aged woman screams at the top of her lungs. I flinch at the sudden screech but before I know it she's pulling me from the bed and into her arms.

I awkwardly freeze as she celebrates, "I never thought I'd see you again, you've grown into such a beautiful woman Anastasia" her hug tightens.

A light bulb goes off in my head, it must be a case of mistaken identity, "I'm Daniella, you all got the wrong person" I twist and turn but she doesn't let go.

Her breath catches in her throat, "Daniella? That traitor changed your name too! I'm your mother sweetie, whatever that kidnapper has told you is a lie" she cradles my face in her hands.

All the things I have ever thought to be true are quickly falling apart, "You aren't my parents, they're dead. Vampires killed them." I push away from her.

Idris interrupts to point out evidence that I can't ignore, "Look closely, you're a spitting image of her. You both have those round hazel eyes, pointy chin, and pitch-black hair"

I examine her features, the similarities are too obvious to deny. I see myself in her completely. My defiance fades and what's left is a little girl wanting her mama.

I embrace her and rest my head on her shoulder. It's a sentimental moment to be reunited with one of my parents. I've lived my whole life thinking they were dead.

She lovingly squeezes my cheeks, "I can't believe you're here. I couldn't function knowing I had a daughter out in the world that needed me".

My instincts kick into hyperdrive when I breathe in her maternal scent, it said that wolves can instinctively recognize their mothers. The phenomenon can hardly be explained.

"I thought he was a good person. He treated me like I was his own", I sadly tell her.

"Shh, baby girl. I'm taking you home", she comforts me like only a mom can, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. She tries to lead me out but the butler stands in our way. 

"Ma'am, you can't take her home yet. We still have to find a suitable mate for her", he stops us in our tracks.

For a second I shake out of my euphoric state. I never agreed to have a mate. Before I could say anything I notice my mom's teeth clench, "That can't wait? I just got her back, and this is all new to her. There's no reason to rush it".

"It's the rules, She's at prime childbearing age."

Tension rises but Idris steps in to calm it, "Woah, everyone hold your horses. I will allow Janice to spend a few days with her daughter, then we will proceed with protocol."

The simple compromise appeases her, "Thank you, Idris." she smiles at him and then takes me out of the room.

We walk through the mansion, and all I can think about is what the butler said. If I wasn't so emotionally drained I would've stood up against them but I don't have the energy. That's a battle for another day.