14

Following Abel's lead, I take in every detail of the mansion. The perfectly beige tinted walls and smooth seamless tile complement each other well. To top it off, the grand chandelier that hangs from the tall ceiling is breathtaking.

Putting one foot in front of the other we travel down the double staircase. Waiting to meet us is a suited man toting a small wooden box.

My abductor's personality shifts into that of an accommodating host. He welcomes him into his home. The jeweler shakes his hand as a business partner would. "I brought along a few of my most expensive pieces. The beautiful lady should have a stone just as valuable as she is" the short stubby Beta opens the package to reveal three rings each with a different gem.

They're stunning but meaningless. What use does a colorful hoop have? The visitor spouts off information about the jewelry but it goes in one ear and out the other. Abel is the one who is paying attention, the shine and sparkles distract me.

"What do you think Anastasia?" he nudges my side.

I take one of them into my hands to get a better look. The ring is designed with a dazzling center diamond in the shape of a square. "What is it supposed to do?" I slide it onto my finger and wave it around.

An embarrassed Abel clears his throat, "It's a token of my love and a gift for accepting me as your Alpha".

The jeweler remains tight-lipped but his face tells it all. He's never witnessed a more clueless woman before. 

The amazement of all the glamor rubs off when my ears hear the word love. "I don't want presents, I want to go home" I carelessly toss the jewelry back into the box.

Abel's face glows bright red, "Would you please excuse us for a moment?" he says to the guest through clenched teeth. My arm stings in pain when he yanks me back up the stairs. I nearly trip over a step but I catch myself before I fall.

In the privacy of his bedroom, the Alpha scolds me, "I must say I'm disappointed. I assumed your mother would've taught you manners but I was mistaken".

I turn my back to him defiantly but he won't tolerate disrespect. "So you have nothing to say for yourself?" he frustratedly sighs but I don't budge. My eyes narrow and my lips stay sealed.

Up to this point, Abel has made an effort to remain reasonable but this is the final straw. I gasp feeling a strong hand grab onto a chunk of my hair. Wielding all his power he forces me to face him.

"If you don't want to play nice, you don't deserve my kindness. We'll see how disobedient you are after spending the night in the basement" his callous voice sends shock waves through my body.

"Let go of me! You can't do this!" I struggle against him but my attempts are pathetic compared to a grown man. He steers me by my long hair like a dog on a leash.

I whimper and plea through the hallways of the mansion and down the staircase. The jeweler doesn't risk getting involved, he avoids eye contact when I'm dragged past him.

In the next room over, Abel unlocks a mysterious door that leads to another set of stairs. Darkness serves as a warning of the evil that is to come. I imagine the worst possible scenarios. What if he kills me down here? My entire body shutters from the uncertainty.

The Alpha flicks on a switch to reveal the small cement area. Apart from the dirty mattress on the floor, it's vacant.

"You'll stay down here until you learn how to behave!"

Soon claustrophobia begins to settle in, I desperately beg him to reconsider, "Please give me another chance! You can't do this!" Gloom lingers over me as he steps up the stairs, leaving me to my lonesome without remorse.

Being separated from the rest of the estate, it's dead silent. The only noise that fills the empty space is the splatter of water from a damaged pipe. How could I be so stupid as to defy him? A man that could hold a helpless woman captive is capable of despicable acts. If I wasn't so hot-headed I would've realized that earlier.

I glance over at the mattress but can't bring myself to touch it. It's been doing nothing but collecting germs. The floor appears to be a better option. The hard pavement is uncomfortable but that's the least of my worries. Plans of how I can get out of here are what occupy my mind.

Without a way to track time, the day seems to drag out. Whether it's been one hour or three, it is irrelevant when you're held against your will. I'm stuck to only my thoughts which can be a horrible place to be. All my regrets and desires weigh heavy on my heart.

I can only hope that my mother is coping well with the hell she is likely enduring. She lost her baby once, and now she's been forced to relive it. That's a type of pain that can ruin a person.

Thinking of her lights a fire in me, we may not have a normal mother-daughter relationship but I'm determined to save the only family that I have left.

Amid my newly found resilience, I remember the power I have as an Omega. Tonight is the full moon, the only night that I can fully complete the werewolf transformation. Being that I'm not restrained, there will be nothing stopping me from breaking myself out of this imprisonment once the time comes.

I wipe the sadness from my face, this must be divine intervention. Abel is a calculated Alpha, they're typically very aware of the current phases of the moon. Fortunately for me, he's left me with the perfect opportunity to escape.