13

Clenching my hand tight, Abel walks me down the driveway. I shamelessly examine him from top to bottom. His coat and trousers are pristine, and his demeanor rigid.

When we approach the massive black vehicle, another well-dressed man opens the door for us. Abel allows me to go first then follows. The interior is entirely pitch black just as the outside is. My fingers study the fascinating texture of the leather seats.

Promptly the driver starts up the car and we embark on our journey. I notice Abel glance at me so I take it upon myself to start a conversation, "How do you know my mother?".

"It's a long story, one day after you officially become my Luna I'll tell you," he says.

"I'm not sure about that, I think we should take it slow", I shift slightly away from him. If I could jump out the window I would.

He ignores my reluctance, "Anastasia, you're mine. When we get to the North you'll see" he continues to assert his will over me. This is exactly the type of Alpha I prayed to never end up with.

My heart pumps at twice its normal speed, my panicked brain tells me to scream but the logical side suggests talking my way out of this. "Shouldn't we get to know each other first?" I force a pleasant expression to hide my apprehension.

Abel grabs a bottle from beside him, "Have some water, you look dehydrated".

What a pathetic attempt at changing the topic, I laugh to myself before taking it from him and drinking nearly half. I was thirsty but that is irrelevant to the matter at hand.

"Keep drinking, we don't want to be wasteful", he brings the water back to my lips. To please him, I chug the rest down and then pass back the empty container. 

"I must admit I'm stunned by your beauty. You look exactly like your mother at your age" words pour from his mouth in what seems like slow motion. My hearing fades, just as my vision becomes blurred.

"Are you okay?" Abel rests his hand on my thigh.

"My head is spinning", I breathe heavily feeling the strength drain from me.

He carefully leans me over so that my head is resting in his lap, "It's going to be alright, don't fight it" the Alpha whispers into my ear. 

Coming in and out of consciousness, I hear him speaking to the driver. "Those pills worked great, Walter. Hopefully, they can keep working until we get her on the plane".

"Sir, she will be affected for approximately 12 hours. That is more than enough time to reach the city".

The last sound I hear before my mind goes fully blank is a deep heartless chuckle. It echoes through the halls of my conscience, frightening me on a level I could have never imagined was possible.

My entire being is groggy once my psyche finally reboots itself. It was as though I was frozen in time with no idea of how long I was out.

My brown eyes flutter open, first thing in my line of sight is an enormous painting of a white wolf on the wall. It only takes a few seconds to register I'm in an unknown location. Instantly I hop out of the bed but as soon as my feet touch the fluffy red carpet Abel walks through the door.

"I see you're awake, please sit down, I'm sure you have questions you would like me to answer", he calmly says. I obey him out of pure fear of what he may be capable of.

"You're in the North now, this is your new home with me".

My flight or fight instincts kick in. The heart-racing sensation of a werewolf transformation ignites inside of me. When the full moon is near, Omegas can unlock some of their wolf abilities. "You're a liar! They said you wanted to spend time with me, that's it. I didn't make my decision yet", my inner beast gives me enough strength to pounce on my abductor.

We both tumble to the floor, but he manages to get the upper hand. The strength of an Alpha shouldn't be underestimated even when they're in human form. "It's not your call to make little girl. You're confused, we can't give an incompetent person choice" he pins my hands over my head.

I struggle and squirm but it's all in vain. The timid part of me takes control, "Mom was right about you" wetness slides down my face, no matter how tough I try to appear.

Abel stays relatively relaxed throughout the altercation. An Omega could never be a true threat to him, especially one not in full wolf form. He lifts his large frame, leaving me on the floor.

"What did Janice tell you, I'm curious" he looks down at me from above.

"She said you are an awful person" I stand to my feet slowly but refuse to be near him. Instead, I cower in the corner of the massive room.

"That's all? I am truly hurt Anastasia" his words reek of sarcasm.  

"Don't call me that", I cross my arms over my chest. Hearing him repeat my birth name is a trigger. To be in a foreign land is isolating by itself, he could at least let me hold on to my identity. 

Behind Abel's eyes is intrigue, "What name would you prefer?"

"Daniella" I proclaim proudly.

His face scrunches up like a prune, "Well, I like Anastasia better. It rolls off the lips so eloquently and it matches your new life. As my Luna, you will be delicate and graceful".

I would never describe myself as being those things, "Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not the type of Luna you're looking for" I cross my arms.

Little by little he approaches me and brushes a strand of hair behind my ear, "You underestimate yourself, darling. I'm sure you have decent manners. You'll have time to practice before the ceremony" he's sweet in his persuasion. 

Our eyes meet for a few seconds before there's a knock on the door. "Sir the jeweler has arrived " a Beta calls from the outside.

"Perfect timing", Abel's mouth curves into a grin. Enthusiastically, he interlocks his arm with mine, but I resist his efforts to chauffeur me. I won't go along with this romantic charade. 

"Play nice little Omega, your fate is in my hands" his threatening grumble sends chills up my spine.

Any ounce of defiance vanishes and what's left is a timid young woman. Seeing that he has my compliance, he takes my arm once more and shows me out the door.