3 - The Kill

Samantha Collins

In the evening I was already at the base and waited for Oliver quite a while. He and Barry had something in common - they were never in time.
After 20 minutes of waiting he finally arrived. He greeted me and then changed into his suit. This was the first time I really recognized how fit he actually is and also how many scars he got in the five years he spent on the island. Oliver grabbed two motorcyle helmets and walked over to me. He handed me one of them and then we walked outside and to his motorbike.
I quickly put on my helmet, got on the bike behind Oliver and put my arms around his hip. Right afterwards we drove off to the harbor.

While Oliver tried to unlock the door to the warehouse, I waiting and listened to the people inside. There were six people walking around and one was writing something on a computer. As soon as the door was unlocked we got inside. It was dark but after a while my eyes got used to it and I could see something.
Oliver and I walked right beside the big shelves so no one would see us. We got closer to the office of the doctor as I suddenly heard someone coming closer quite fast. I heard a metallic click and immediately pulled Ollie away and in the next moment a bullet was stuck in the wall, right behind the spot where he was standing before.

Oliver immediately turned around to the guy who just tried to shot him, he bent his bow and shoot an arrow in the shoulder of the man who fell down afterwards. Suddenly it was possible to hear more people and Oliver noticed them as well. He shot down some of them while I pulled out a gun of my jacket. I put the silencer on it and then shot the last of the men right between the eyes.
I could feel Oliver's stare on me, but I just started walking again. He didn't have to know why I have a gun or why I can shoot this precisely. He didn't have to know that my father raised me like a soldier because he thought my mother got murdered. Instead of playing with dolls I had to learn how to protect myself. I've never been allowed to show a sign of weakness - so I still didn't, even though all this sometimes bothered me a lot.

"Are you crazy?" Oliver whispered, but it was easily possible to hear how angry he was.
"I just protect myself." I replied and looked at him. He just wanted to reply as I just walked into the office of the doctor "Guess who is back."
The man in the black coat turned around to face us. I held my gun in his direction, so I could kill him every second, while walking closer to him.
Oliver walked to me "Samantha, put the gun away."
I shook my head and shoot the man without hesitating. He groaned and fell on the floor, blood streamed out of his wound. All in sudden he started laughing "You really think you would stop these experiments if you kill me? You are so naive. I am not alone." His laughing turned crazy - he was crazy. Just a few seconds later his head sunk to the floor and he stopped breathing.
Oliver walked to the desk of the doctor and looked at his stuff. He took some papers and one of the test tubes and afterwards he walked outside without even looking at me. I followed him and was just about to put on my helmet as Oliver turned around to me and crossed his arms.
"You just killed someone."
"You also already did back in time so don't think you are better than me."
"But I don't kill anymore now! I know it was a mistake!"

I rolled my eyes. He was a killer and I was sure he still is. I put on my helmet and a while later Ollie did the same. Afterwards we drove back to the base and walked inside.
Oliver turned around to me and held a hand to me. He told me to give him my gun but I protested. He grabbed my arm, pulled me to him and took the gun out of my jacket. I tried to get it back but since he was ways taller and stronger than me it was easy for him to keep the gun away from me.

After some more minutes of struggling to get it back I gave up and walked outside.
Back at the motel Barry had been already waiting for me at our room. I sat down on my bed and told him that he should probably check the substance which was in the test tube. Furthermore I told him what happened except that I shot these two men - he would just be angry at me as well and I totally didn't need him to tell me that what I did was wrong. I knew exactly that killing these men was wrong but it was me who was awake all night and couldn't get any sleep because of that - not them. It was me who was pretending that everything is fine - not them.

Two days later I went to the base because Barry had the test results of the substance. As I walked downstairs I carried a pizza box with me.
Barry looked at me and smiled "Oh, you brought food."
"Yes, but not for you - maybe if you also win a bet." I chuckled and handed the pizza to Roy. He sat down afterwards and started eating right away, then I walked over to Barry and tousled through his hair. While he fixed his hair I sat down on a table and watched him.

Later Barry explained to me what the substance included. It was a mix of a kind of anabolic drugs and some extremely addictive drugs. The mixture of those made everything in your body work outstandingly - that's why I couldn't control anymore what I hear. The only reason why I didn't feel the changes for more than just a half day was because I heal very fast.

Just as Barry finished talking, Oliver came downstairs. I knew he was still mad at me but he didn't really show it anymore now. He put his keys on the table, afterwards the looked at us "A dead man just got found at the dumping ground and guess what, his blood contained the same drugs as the victims of the doctor." Barry and I quickly looked at each other.
"Maybe he got killed a few days ago" Barry replied but Oliver shook his head.
"No. I heard his body was still warm as they found him so he must have got dropped there a few minutes before they found him." Oliver sighed and looked at Roy "Drive to the dump and look if you find out anything on who could be the murderer." Roy nodded and walked upstairs then.

"So the doctor didn't lie. There are more like him." I stated.
Oliver nodded "Yes and we will stop them - and by "we" I mean Barry, Diggle, Roy and me. You stay out of this. We can stop the supporters of the doctor on our own."
It was somehow funny how every one of us called this man "the doctor". Cisco would probably have come up with something like "Doctor Venom" by now.
I quickly shook my head a bit and concentrated on our conversation again. I didn't want Oliver to be even madder at me so I didn't argue with him and just agreed on staying at the base when they do their job.