A Whiteout on the Frozen Fjord

I do not think I had ever felt such a sense of urgency or a surge of desperation stronger than I had then, at that very moment. Even with Sven going at top speed down the mountain, I simply could not help but feel in my gut as though we just were not going fast enough. 

My thoughts were focused primarily on Anna at that very moment. I just had to get to Anna at that time. Who knew if I could actually be of any help to her by the time I had finally reached her, but I surely had to do something to even try. I had never seen such a bizarre, random blizzard billowing on the fjord around the kingdom like this one. A normal blizzard was deadly enough, but this kind of snowstorm was the very farthest thing from a normal blizzard; and Anna was trapped right in the middle of it. 

Upon finally reaching the bottom of the mountain, Sven and I began to race across the fjord. I saw the snowstorm rage towards us as we raced at top speed. It looked ready to engulf us along with everything and everyone else unlucky enough to be out on the fjord. I tensed up just before making contact with the snowstorm, ready for the full impact of the blizzard's unholy force. 

Icy snow hit the both of us like rocks as Sven and I entered the snowstorm on the fjord. We still pushed forward, however, not willing to give up the fight. An absolutely, positively frigid wind fought fiercely against going forward in the blizzard on the fjord. The snow that billowed from all around us was literally made of ice. 

A blizzard of this magnitude could only mean that Queen Elsa had come back to Arendelle and was out on the fjord, too. Why, though? And how was she even here in the first place? She seemed to really like her new secluded life on the North Mountain in her ice palace. Why was she even creating this blizzard to begin with? Unless... 

Unless my earlier theory about the queen having little to no control whatsoever over her powers had been correct all along. If that really were the case, then there might have been even a slight chance that Anna was right to believe in the good found in Elsa and that this blizzard was all just an accident. Elsa did lose who was probably the one person who found her powers even manageable when Anna had to forget that her sister ever had them from the start. 

I had no time to ponder it, however, because Sven and I had a far more pressing matter to deal with and that was making sure Anna is still going to be OK. "Come on, buddy, faster!" I urged Sven on, going forward from there. 

Everything had gone completely white around us with no color in sight. The blizzard just enveloped everything now. There was no end to the icicle crystals pelting us like they had when first we had almost been blown into the next kingdom by Queen Elsa's blizzard. I could barely even see a single thing in front of us, this wind was so strong. The howling wind even began to dislodge some of the ships that were stuck in the frozen ice of the fjord. 

I just continued to urge Sven further on, though. "Come on," I told him. 

We did our best to avoid the toppling ships on the fjord, but one particularly large ship just came out of nowhere right in front of us on our way to get to Anna. We had no choice. We simply had to keep running forward. I ducked about, while Sven bobbed and weaved as bits and pieces of the ship came falling towards us. If that was not bad enough, the ice cracked from all around us as the ship toppled over. Sven raced towards the front of the falling ship, and we just barely escaped the bowsprit as it toppled over onto the front of the ship. 

Sven and I were not out of the woods from that toppling ship yet, though. The ship's toppling caused a massive chain reaction by cracking the ice from all around us. The next thing we knew, a plethora of freezing water from the fjord had exposed itself to us upon the ice cracking from all around us and right in our path. There did not seem to be any escape from it. 

Sven made his bravest attempt yet to leap over the whole thing, but it was too far even for him. He landed on a particularly precarious floating chunk of ice and promptly bucked me off of his back, sending me flying over to the other side of the exposed water on the frozen fjord from just beyond the cracks of ice. 

"Sven," I said realizing the risk my best friend had just taken for me to get to Anna. 

I turned around and looked back towards the freezing water. My reindeer friend was nowhere in sight. 

"SVEN!" I cried out my reindeer's name in desperation for him to have survived his jump and fall. 

Nothing. I saw nothing. There was just nothing there to be seen. I had looked out into the water in desperate anticipation, but I could not see a single trace of Sven having survived his fall into the freezing water which had been exposed when the ice had cracked. I felt a sense of fear forming in the pit of my stomach. I had already lost my own parents to these same icy waters, long ago, as a child. What would I do if I had lost Sven to them, too? What if my reindeer friend had drowned in these icy waters? What if... 

It was then that I suddenly got my answer about what had happened to Sven when he had emerged from the freezing water, braying and paddling his way over to one of the floating chunks of ice. That was when he looked my direction, grunting loudly at me as though encouraging me to go on without him. I got his message loud and clear, smiling in slight relief that he was OK. 

"Good boy," I said to Sven. Then, I turned around and continued running forward on foot and on my own. 

I just continued to run and run further forward on the fjord, even if I could not even see just where I was going. I had no idea even of where I was, nor did I even know if I was going in the right direction. The only thing around me was a whirlwind of whiteness. The snow-covered wind whipped itself from all around me, yet I just continued to press on.