My Life Story

There are very few things I care about in this world if anything at all. Those few things are my best reindeer friend, Sven, ice, and my sled. Oh, how I love my sled. 

Early on, I decided that I did not really like people at all. In my personal opinion, people were just there to pay me money for my ice deliveries and give me supplies for any journey I must make along the way in my line of work. I'm an ice harvester if it wasn't already obvious. Even when I would get a fair shape from some people, there were still a lot of people who would try to have cheated me out of what I already had. 

My parents died when I was around six or seven. They got frostbite after falling into the lake and then getting pelted by a blizzard. They were on their way back from an errand in Arendelle City when I was rushing over to them, not aware of the thin ice on the lake. Father rushed to warn me of it, but fell through the thin ice in my place. Mother rushed to him and me, but she fell through the ice with him. Since I was only six at the time, there was barely anything I could do to help them; also because father warned me away from the lake. Even though they managed to make it out of the lake, the blizzard we were all in so suddenly managed to pelt my parents with a thick coat of snow. I survived, but mother and father did not last through the next five days after the blizzard struck. 

I had no one after I lost mother and father. After all, we did live a reclusive life in the mountains. Eventually, after I had turned seven not too long after, I found a friend; a reindeer calf I named Sven, but I still had no one to look after me. I was munching on a carrot when Sven came up to me wanting some of my food. I was more than happy to share with him. 

We eventually found shelter in a nearby barn, but after a few nights spent there, we were discovered by the ice harvesters who owned the barn for their horses. Well, one of them found us. He was quite tall and burly and very intimidating. 

"Hey, kid. What are you doing here with that little reindeer?" he asked me and Sven. "You two can't be here, you know that, right?" 

Not only was he intimidating, but he also seemed pretty rude to me. I was far too scared to answer him, however. I know I did not have the best manners, either, but he did not have be that rude. 

"Don't you have somewhere else to be, kid?" he asked me, very apathetically. "Don't you think your parents would be worried about you being out in the cold alone like this?" 

I was now hurt, in addition to being scared, because of the mention of my parents reminding me of mother and father. I tried to hold the tears back, but I just could not. I could feel them coming, and there was nothing I could do to stop them until the ice harvester unexpectedly gave me a silver lining. 

"Look, kid, I'm sorry, but the fact is that you can't stay here unless you're working," the man told me. 

My tears suddenly halted. "W-work?" I asked. "W-with you guys?" I was not sure what he was saying at first, but it was not the worst idea someone had ever given me. "I guess I could." 

The ice harvester suddenly smiled at me then reached behind him, pulling out a pick axe. "Welcome aboard, squirt," he said. "Just follow what everyone else does. Who knows? I bet that little reindeer of yours can help you if you can manage to find a sled." 

With that, he turned around and left the barn. Once he was gone, Sven and I stood up. Then, I tried to pick up the ice pick that he left with us, but it was so heavy, I could barely even lift it, never mind carry it out. The ice pick was almost as tall as I was in those days. Still, I managed to, at the very least, drag it outside to where the ice harvesters were working. 

Our first day on the job went terribly, as did our second and third days. Actually, our whole first week on the job was a big fat bust. We were just far too small to pull our own weight, no matter what I said to that one ice harvester the day Sven and I were discovered by them. He and the rest of them were huge compared to me. All of their horses were huge compared to Sven. They all had huge sleds while Sven and I had only just managed to find a small, banged-up, rinky-dink sled in the garbage. Even the blocks of ice the men cut and hauled to the ice stand were huge. In general everything was huge, while Sven and I, on the other hand, were so small.