Chapter Twenty-One

~♤Aces PoV♤~

Today was gonna be fun. It's been a while since Eli and I got together so we decided to go out for dinner and some drinks. Plus I had to pay him back for helping me find a job. I was in a good mood today, which was surprising even to me.

"Hey Ace! It's been a while. I missed you." Eli hugged me.

"I missed you too." I laughed. "So, food?"

We met at a nice dinner/bar place and ordered our food. It was easy to make conversation with Eli, he was more my speed than Mason. We talked about what we've been up to and a little about how it's going with me and Mason.

"So are you two dating or something now?" Eli stirred his drink.

"What? No way! Why does everyone keep saying that?" First Jack, now Eli? I'm starting to get annoyed by this pattern. He snorted and said, "there's more than one person asking? To be honest, you two do look like you're together. Not even for sex?"

I almost choked on my own soda at that last inquiry. "No! Not for sex at all. Now that I think about it, it has been a while." Before meeting Mason I used to have sex a lot, whether for the sex or for money. Yeah, I'm not proud of it either but if someone pulls up beside me and asks what my price is you think I would turn that down?

"I'm always here, single and ready to fuck." He gave me an innocent looking smile like he was trying to offset the vulgar offer he put out. Wow I think I'm starting to sound like Mason vulgar this and vulgar that. What a dummy.

"Eli, too forward."

"Sorry, sorry. Don't mind me." He snickered, "so what do you say we have some more fun and get drinks going?" I perked up at the mention of alcohol. Mason made sure to keep me away from it, but he can't stop me now! He told me to get whatever and he'd be fine with it so naturally I got shots. Eli is the type of friend I want in this world. Someone who doesn't care I'm underaged and helps feed my self destructive habits. What an angel.

After who knows how long and a fuck ton of shots my brain was all fuzzy and I felt like I was going to fall asleep. I felt Eli run his hand through my hair so I looked up at him.

"Your hair is soft. I like it." He smiled.

I hummed in agreement before closing my eyes again.

"We should get out of here." He murmured. I hummed again and it seemed like time travel that I found myself at what looked like Eli's apartment. Either that or a motel that was pre-disorganized. Do they have services for that? Where they like take your suitcase and fuck with it, throw your clothes all over the place for no reason at all. That probably exists. I should look it up sometime...

Eli let me sprawl out on the bed as I fought to stay conscious. When I'm drunk I have all sorts of moods. Sometimes I'm angry, sometimes I'm super chatty, sometimes I'm tired like this. Just depends on what my environment is I guess.

"Ace.." Eli sang in what sounded like a happy tone, "I got you some water to help sober you up before heading back home. I wouldn't want you to go back like this but I think Mason would be worried if you stayed over. Oh, but you seem out of it. Let me help you." He pulled me up to lean against the headboard. Eli is so nice and fluffy and fun.

"Why thank you." He laughed. Did I say that out loud? He held what felt like a glass to my lips and tipped it to me. The water was so cold it caught me off guard and I started coughing. In the sudden movement, I felt wetness go all down my front.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry! Here uh, take off your shirt, I can dry it real quick." I did so and he left the room for a while. Eventually Eli came back and sat next to me. I felt his fingertips brush my stomach and up my chest. "Hmm it did soak through a bit." Ah, he was checking for dampness, that makes sense. How nice of him to think of that. That led me to confusion after he continued to trace my jaw and lips. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Wha...? Yeah, I'm fine."

"Good." I could feel his breath on my shoulder. It was weird. Something felt different. Almost out of place. That thought quickly vanished from my mind and I started thinking about my own drowsiness instead. It felt like Eli was brushing my hair out of my face, but I wasn't focused on that.

Out of nowhere there were loud noises and voices outside of the room. I opened my heavy eyelids to see Mason, or at least someone who looks like him. I couldn't be too sure at the moment, burst through the door shouting.

"Eli! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He yelled. The noise was making my head hurt. They kept rambling on between each other but at some point I felt my consciousness drift away. Who needs their loud toxicity anyways? I'll be in my heaven called being asleep.

I woke up to a line of cars all around me. Ah wait, I was in a car too obviously. My head throbbed as I looked around. Mason was sitting beside me with a look I don't think I have ever seen on his face. It was like a cross between fury, concern, and maybe even hurt.

"Hah? What happened? Where are we?"

His face immediately softened and he glanced over at me. "You're awake. Good job."

"Thank you, it's a very hard thing to do sometimes but with the power of friendship I put up with life's bullshit." I mumbled.

Mason laughed lightly, which made me feel a bit better about the scowl. Wait, has he ever laughed at a joke like that? Oh no something really is wrong. But another idea, what if I tried to hook up with him? I can say I'm drunk. I'm sure he knows that already. Hold on what am I saying? That's a stupid idea. Ooh but I want to see his reaction. No it's not worth it.

"Sorry we left without your shirt. I'm sure you can get it back from him at some point." At that moment I realized I wasn't wearing a shirt, which would make sense because he just said I didn't have one.

"Aw man. I liked that one. Eh it's fine. What happened? You didn't answer me."

"Are you still drunk?" He sighed.

"... no."

"I don't believe you one bit. I'll tell you when you've sobered up okay?" He ruffled my hair. As much as I wanted to be mad, I just couldn't be. It's probably just me being dumb. I still felt warm inside anyways.
♡~♡~♡~♡~♡