Hermione, Ron and Harry began to leave.
Rita made her way inside the pub, once she disappeared inside, Y/n stuck her middle finger out at her retreating figure.

She turned once she heard footsteps towards her. Harry had turned back. "We're gonna go visit Hagrid, you coming or not?" Y/n turned back to look at Fred and George. They nodded and she looked back at Harry, nodding.

Quickly, she kissed Fred's cheek and the two Potters ran after Ron and Hermione as they all made their way to Hagrid's hut.

── ──

Arriving at Hagrid's hut, Hermione began to pound on the door. In a fit of rage, she began to shout. "Hagrid! Hagrid, that's enough! We know you're in there! Nobody cares if your mum was a giantess, Hagrid! You can't let that foul Skeeter woman do this to you!"

"Alright, stand back." Y/n told the group, ushering them away. The three stood back and Y/n lifted her leg up, ready to kick the door down.

"Hiyah—!" Her foot stopped midair. "Oh... hello, Professor... Professor Dumbledore, hi." She nervously chuckled, setting her foot down. "We're here to see Hagrid..." she innocently grinned, looking up at him.

"Yes, I summarized as much." Dumbledore spoke with a twinkle in his eye and amusement in his voice. The four kids went inside and immediately spotted Hagrid sitting at the table.

His face was blotchy, his eyes were swollen, and his hair was an even more mess than usual. It looked like tangled up wires.

"Hi, Hagrid." They greeted. "'Lo..." he replied in a low voice.

"More tea, I think." Dumbledore spoke from behind them, and with a wave of his wand, a tray appeared midair with cups of tea and slices of cake. He waved the tray over to the table and they all sat down.

"Did you by any chance hear what Miss Granger was shouting, Hagrid? Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Y/n still want to know you, seeing their attempt to kick the door down."

Y/n puffed her cheeks, sipping her tea.

"Of course we still want to know you!" Harry shouted to Hagrid. "You don't think anything that Skeeter cow—... sorry, Professor."

Dumbledore merely looked up at that ceiling. "I have gone temporarily deaf and haven't any idea what you said, Harry."

"Right... I just meant— Hagrid, how could you think we'd care about what that woman wrote?" Harry spoke to him.

"Living proof of what I've been telling you, Hagrid. I have shown you letters from the countless parents who remember you from their own days here, telling me in no uncertain terms that if I sacked you, they'd have something to say about it." Dumbledore informed him.

"Not all of 'em" Hagrid hoarsely spoke. "Not all of 'em want me ter stay."

"And not all of them want Professor Dumbledore as headmaster." Y/n chimed in. Dumbledore nodded in agreement. "There's not a week since I've been headmaster where I don't get an owl on how I run things."

"Yeh- yeh're not half-giant!" Hagrid argued.

"Hagrid, look what I've got for relatives! Look at the Dursleys!" Harry spoke furiously.

"Excellent point." Dumbledore agreed. "
"My own brother, Aberforth, was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms on a goat. It was all over the papers, but did Aberforth hide? No, he did not! He held his head high and went about his business as usual! Of course, I'm not entirely sure he can read, so that may not have been bravery...."

"Come back and teach, Hagrid." Hermione spoke quietly. "Please, we really miss you."

"I refuse to accept your resignation, Hagrid. I expect you back to work on Monday and you will join me for breakfast at 8:30 in the Great Hall. No excuses. Good afternoon to you all." Dumbledore stood and took his leave.

"Great man, Dumbledore, great man..."

"He sure is." Ron said.

Hagrid then went on to talk about his father, even showed the group a photo. He told them how he'd like for Harry to win, that it'd show you don't have to be a pureblood to win and that Dumbledore is right about letting anyone who can do magic in.

"How you doin' with that egg?" Hagrid asked Harry. "Great. Really great." Harry smiled.

Lying through his teeth.

── ──

"Soooo.... Cedric told you to take a bath? With the egg?" Y/n questioned Harry, a brow raised. "Does he mean like... dip the egg in the water? Or drown the egg?"

"I don't know, I'll try it out tonight."

"Well, then good luck." Y/n gave him a small smile. "I'm gonna go... wait for my friends to return from Hogsmeade." She firmly nodded. Harry nodded and they stared at each other for a while before Y/n decided to walk away.

She wanted to ask if they were perhaps cool now but they were talking, so maybe that was a good sign.

── ──

"Honey, I'm home!" Fred announced as he made his up to Y/n, embracing her tightly. "How were the kids? Did they play nice?" He chuckled, kissing her face.

"Oh honey, the kids were fine!" Y/n laughed, waving her hand in his face. "Enough with the kisses, let's get to the common room, it's cold out here."

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and they both made their way up to the common room.

And behind them, George followed his brother's lead, wrapping an arm around Angelina as they also made their way up to the common room.