5 - Path to Freedom

Start from the beginning

??? - Yeah! What's going on here!?

Levi - He's my cousin. He's coming back with me.

??? - YOU have a cousin!?

Levi - Shut it Hange, you're too loud.

Hange - Ah, you might be right. Don't want to attract any titans.

??? - While I am against leaving a child in the woods filled with titans alone, do you think think this is a good idea?

Levi - He's coming with me Erwin, I don't care what you or the commander say.

Erwin - Very well, I can't stop you it seems. As for you.

Erwin turns to Y/n

Erwin - Would you like to explain what you were doing out here?

Y/n - .....uhhh......exploring?

Just then a horn is heard. 

Erwin - It looks like we'll have to continue our conversation at a later time. That was the sound to retreat. Were pulling back, you two catch up with me later. I'm going to see the commander.

Erwin pulls away from the group leaving Hange, Levi, and Y/n.

Hange - Hey kid, I never caught your name?

Y/n -Oh uh, my names Y/n. Y/n L/n, nice to meet you Hange.

Hange - Same here Y/n, Levi never mentioned any family before. This should be an interesting talk. 

Hange flies away leaving Levi and Y/n standing there.

Y/n - Hey, what's going on here? And where are Farlan and Isabel?

Levi flinches at the names again. He starts to move following Erwin and Hange.

Levi - We'll talk later. Lets get out of here.

Y/n - ......yeah.

Levi and Y/n start making their way back to the rest of the people on horses. Y/n had his hood on so that he would not be revealed as a 12 year old child. Titan through titan Y/n and Levi have incredible teamwork. It looks like a performance to those watching. Hange watched jaw-dropped at the amount of teamwork Levi was showing and at the fact that a 12 year old could more than keep up with Levi. Eventually all of the titans were gone and Y/n and Levi were on a carriage heading back to the walls. Hange and Erwin next to them were talking. 

Y/n - .....hey Levi, what's going on here? Who are all these people? Why are they all outside the safety of the walls? Don't they realize they can die out here?

Levi - .........It's called the Survey Corps. They go outside the walls to try and learn more about the world and free it of the titans.

Y/n - (Thats pointless and stupid. There's no point in doing that. There will never be an end to the titans. They are just dying for no good reason, it just.......)...................meaningless.......

Levi - What was that?

Y/n - Nothing, nothing. So, how'd you end up here then?

Levi  - We got caught, this was our punishment. The other two.........they died.

Y/n - ......................I see. That's terrible.

A few moments go by of silence between the two. Levi is letting Y/n absorb that their family was gone. It was just them two. Then Levi remembers the reason Y/n had left them.

Levi - .......you ever find the person you were looking for?

Y/n - Yeah, he got married and had a daughter. He and his wife died. The daughter is living in a foster family now.