Chapter 30: Meeting the child & Chillaxing

Start from the beginning

"Hello young one, what's your name?" Killer smiled nervously.

"Palette" the boy responded, sweat coming down his forehead.

"Palette... um, where are your parents?" Killer asked.

"Father's mean, mother's gone" the boy simply replied.

Killer sighed sadly, an orphan child.

"Aren't you the son of that very nice and gentle maid we used to have?" Nightmare asked.

"Huh?"

"Are you Aalya's son?" Nightmare asked.

Palette seemed startled but soon started nodding in shock, he stared at Nightmare up with hope. As if he suddenly had all the answers in the world, as if he was some kind of powerful being. Which he was if you thought of it. He had magic and power, he was definitely a powerful being. Palette smiled hopefully up at him.

"Do you know where my mother is?" Palette asked excitedly. Nightmare shook his head nervously.

"She just disappeared one night," Nightmare responded.

"Oh... I thought she escaped those evil people" Palette hiccuped, tears starting to swell on his eyes.

And since that day, Killer and Nightmare took the young child in. He was a very nervous person who thought had lots of energy. Sadly for Nightmare and Killer, even though they could be energetic, they were normally very calm. So with Palette being a very energetic and active child even though he was a very young child, it was hard for Nightmare and Killer to take care of him. They never actually mentioned him. And when anyone else saw them walking around with the child they thought the little boy was just fascinated with Killer or Nightmare.

After making a list of pros and cons, Killer decided it was best to introduce the child to Dream and Cross. And somehow have them keep the child. She noticed how they always tried to talk to Palette, the child of course talking back to them but very shyly.

Their footsteps echoed around the hallway, Palette curiously looking around. Before staring up at Killer. The nice lady was currently taking care of him.

"Where are we going, your majesty?" Palette asks, Killer seems to freeze for a second.

"You'll see when we get there," Killer said winking, Palette gasped excitedly. A surprise! He thought. He loved surprises. He walked faster, making sure to still stay behind Killer. She smiled sadly at him.

And after walking through the maze of magnificent and artistic halls, they reached Dream's and Cross's rooms. Killer smiled gently at the boy before she kneeled down in front of him. He was almost shaking in excitement, it was very noticeable that he was restraining himself. A huge smile plastered on his face, his eyes seemed to sparkle with excitement.

Killer placed her hands on the boy's cheek and smiled at him. She didn't really know how to tell him this, the boy had probably gone through so much. He never told them, but he did tell other things and even the way he sometimes reacted to adults. It made Killer suspect that Palette didn't have such a bright past. But he would be fine, the boy was strong, and Dream and Cross would be great parents.

"Palette, I want you to wait outside okay?" Killer smiled. The boy stared at her before nodding, clearly becoming a bit more nervous. "I need to make sure the surprise is ready," she quickly added. This made Palette brighten up once again.

She smiled gently at the young boy before getting up. Her movements were kind of sharp as she was nervous and mostly forced her body to follow her movements. She knocked on the door and when she heard a 'come in' she quickly opened the door and closed it. Making sure to smile at Palette before she completely closed it.