Chapter 25: More and more boredom

Nothing was happening... Everything was soooo boring. Killer groaned as she leaned back against the couch... another month passed by with stupid rules that they were being forced to follow. Stupid rules that were boring and a waste of time. At least Nightmare and she had started becoming a lot closer. Now knowing so much about each other that they really didn't know what to tell the other about each other. It was funny, sometimes they would remember something about each other and they would start talking about it to each other. They would be so excited and as soon as they finished an awkward silence drowned both of them. Maybe not as soon as they finish talking... but it happens every time.

"Nightyyyy, I'm bored" Killer whined.

"We're playing chess," Nightmare sighed, trying not to get them to actually start another argument about what to do.

"For the 800th time this week!" she snapped.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Nightmare asked.

"I..." Killer thought deeply "I have no idea, but something fun" she finalized.

"Kills, you know even though we might be allowed to go around the castle my parents clearly won't allow us to" Nightmare sighed, "the only things we can use are the ones inside this room"

"Then let's improvise!" Killer smiled "summon your tentacles"

~

Killer giggled as she used her tentacles. She had shapeshifted into Nightmare, once again. It had been quite a long time since she had ever shapeshifted. The last time was when they had first met. She moved the tentacles around before going back to her original form. She laughed as she watched Nightmare stare at her in awe.

"That was awesome!" He gasped, "what else can you turn into?" he asked curiously.

"I have no idea," Killer said thoughtfully. "I guess... everything?" she said uncertainly.

"We shall figure that out some other day" Nightmare smiled, "while you regain your energy we should think of something else to do"

"No more reading or playing Chess!" Killer declared.

"Fine" Nightmare whined.

~

Time passed like a snail, every day bored, every day the same, no one really knew what to do other than try to organize things for the future. Nightmare's and Dream's parents were already getting things ready for the ceremony. Of course, they would! They needed to make sure everything was going to be perfect and "100%" percent secure. They wouldn't want anything bad happening.

"Well, Nightmare and Killer have finally gotten close... and Dream and Cross have always been very close to each other" the queen smiled, "that's a win-win! Now everything is going to be so much easier to plan!" she cheered. She looked over to Herriet, her husband.

"I know but we do not know if it's just an act, we do know for sure that Dream and Cross are indeed very close to each other. But we don't really know if Nightmare and Killer are truly close to each other... what if they have been acting like that this whole time?" Herriet said thoughtfully.

"Honey, don't worry, it'd be very hard to act about something like that. We neer hear them fighting anymore and if they were really acting about it, it would be noticeable in their expression and body movement" the queen explained.