Chapter 13: Her Broken Identity and Her Pain

Lumine's Point of View

We had finally reached Liyue Harbor. We had a day to prepare.

"Xiao. Let's get everything ready." I turned to look for Venti.

"VENTI! GET DVALIN READY! WE NEED THAT DRAGON, AND YOU KNOW IT!"

"Right away!" Venti said, grinning, and pulled out his lyre and started playing the lyre.

When he finished, he looked up and said, "He will be here soon." Suddenly, a big gust of wind blew, and Dvalin came, flapping his wings of freedom.

"Old friend... it has been awhile since the last I assisted you with something. What is it that you request now?" Dvalin asked Venti.

"Dvalin. A friend of mine requests your help. She needs you. We need you. Really Dvalin, we all need you, during this time of war. Those who had put you under the curse will attack. The Abyss Order is attacking Liyue tomorrow, and we need every source of help we can get."

"Oh? And just who requests such? It is quite rare to have a mortal requesting my help."

"It isn't a mortal. Thy who requests help is Her Majesty, Princess Lumine, daughter of World Power." Venti said, looking at me with a approving look and a bow..

"Hello Dvalin. It's been awhile since the last we saw of each other. How are the winds?"

"Your Majesty. My deepest apologies. I didn't see you over there. Forgive my rudeness." The dragon said, doing best to do a dragon bow. "What is it that you need my assistance with?"

"Dvalin, I'm asking you to put your life on the line. The Abyss Order has gotten you before, and now, I ask you to strike back. They plan to start a war tomorrow, and we must do our best to keep the citizens of Liyue safe. That is what I ask you to help our forces to do."

"...This is quite...much. But, because it's you Your Majesty, I will help."

Yes!

"Thank you Dvalin. All the nations will be forever grateful."

"No need. I am only doing what you are requesting me to do."

                                                                                                     ***

                                                                                       The Next Morning

                                                                                                      ***

"It's dawn. We must be ready by dusk." I said looking at Xiao.

"Starwisher, may I suggest something?" I heard. Ei came up from behind me. "We should put everyone in hiding so that way, we can ambush them. If we leave ourselves so open, your brother will most likely see this and hold off on the attack until we are most vulnerable." I considered her thought.

"That is... quite right. My brother was never the smartest, but he definitely had a good traveling brain. We could use his strength and turn it into a weakness. After all, he was always the worst when it came to fighting and observing."

"Should we put them hidden within the harbor then?"

"Yes, we mustn't delay the hiding plan. Last time, we had a hilichurl spying on me and Xiao, that thing was slain. Had my blood boiling.

"Ohhhhhh! Paimon thinks she knows what happened!"

"Paimon don't ev-"

"Lumine and Xiao were sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!" Paimon teased.