Chapter 7: Lumine's Elemental Fit

Xiao's Point of View

"XIAO, ANEMO BARRIER NOW!"

Lumine. She was out of control again. I admittedly put up the barrier and got inside to see out the situation. I could tell that when the Archons absorbed the nonis, that must have triggered one of her past memories that had to do something with her brother to come up. Her eye's spilled tears as her eye's flickered from the godly yellow eyes to a blood red eye color. It was as if she was possessed. Vines whipped around and fires flickered off her skin. Winds swirled and toyed with Xiao's Anemo barrier.

"Aether, come back... don't leave me in this cruel world... come back... please, come back brother..." I heard Lumine cry. Tears poured down her cheeks.

"Lumine, control yourself! Someone's going to get hurt!"

She dropped to her knees and grabbed her head. It had been a long time since her last fit, and that was something that Xiao had been there to witness.

"Lumine, hold it together! If no one gets hurt, we can find your brother together! Just get a hold of yourself Lumine! You can do that! The old Lumine who actually had some common sense could do that easily! That's how I know you can do it! Come on!" I yelled as I took several shaky steps forward. I had never seen her this out of control. If she went out any farther, someone would get hurt, and she could exert her energy too much to cause her to hurt, even kill herself. If he could just find a way to get control of her body again and just snap out of it... BINGO!

"Lumine, I'm right here. We can still help get your brother back. Lumine, come back. Come back so we can find your brother again. Just come back...".

Lumine didn't even react to that. There was only one thing else in his head... this was the only way, but he knew that there were no other options....

"Lumine look out! There's a hilichurl behind you!" I yelled.

Lumine all the sudden snapped out of it and looked around. Her eyes were back to normal, and she looked around in confusion.

"What... happened while I was out?" she asked as she looked at me.

"Oh, Lumine!" I yelled and just ran up to her and hugged her so tight, there wasn't even enough room for just a little bit of air to go through.

"Lumine, you scared me to death! You haven't had one of your fits for awhile now, so I didn't predict it would happen."

"I didn't even predict it... now let go of me or I'll have my vines pull you off."

I let go of her and examined her for injuries. She seemed fine, except for the cuts that she had received from the rocks that had been encircling her during the fit.

"Don't scare me like that again, Lumine."

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"Promise, on the powers of creation and destructions word."