Chapter 5: Fight

Xiao's Point of View

It took a long time for me and Lumine to find all of the Archons and tell them to gather at Windrises' Barbatos statue. When Lumine and I had finally gathered with the other archons, I realized that we had only 5 months left until Lantern Rite and the beginning of the second Archon war.

"Lumine, did you know that there are only 5 months left until Lantern Rite?"
"I know Xiao, time has gone too fast, for the battle is catching up to us."

"It really is too bad." I replied.

"Let's move before we're late for the council. Being late for our own meeting really would be shameful."

"Can't argue on that."

We walked in silence until we heard bickering. Boy, was it loud.

"What's with all that bickering?"

"I don't know..."

"Lets hope it's not the archons fighting for a stupid reason."

"That would be the worst."

We rushed forward and looked downward. Flames surrounded the clearing. Some of the archons were fighting and others were trying to stop it.

"Morax, stop already! There's no use in fighting for the dead soul of the Traveler!" I heard the Anemo Archon shout.

"Barbatos, the Raiden Shogun probably killed her!" I heard Morax shout back.

Master! What was he doing in this fray?! I admittedly speared down and shouted, "WHAT USE IS THERE IN FIGHTING?!"

Everyone was silent.

"Xiao, no need to shout." I heard Lumine say behind me. She was wearing her mask and she had vines curling around legs and sparks danced on her skin.

"Starwisher, they started this first far before us."

"That still gives us no excuse to shout back. It's like when there are a pack of dogs, and when someone else joins a side, everyone turns on you."

I grumbled. Now, we had to let the council begin.