Chapter 24

“Niall,” I breathe as I open my eyes. He’s sitting in the chair where Harry was sitting when I fell asleep. I glance at Noelle and she smiles at me sympathetically.

“Hey Jessi,” He stands up and moves the chair closer to the bed and takes my hand.

“Hey Noelle,” I say so she doesn’t think I’m ignoring her.

“How are you feeling?” She asks.

“Stiff but I’m alright,” I tell her with a small smile. Nothing could make me happier than I am now knowing that my baby is unharmed and healthy. Any mother would feel the same.  I try to sit up but end up sending shooting pains through my back. I let out a small yelp and before I know it Niall is on his feet and out the door.

“Um I think he’s getting the nurse,” Noelle says awkwardly. The last thing I want for me and Noelle is for everything to be awkward because she loves Niall just as much as I do. I said love not in love calm your tits! I love Niall with all my heart but I am not in love with him. It’s taken me a long time to work this out but I know now after everything that has happened that I am in love with Harry, we’re having a child together, we’re planning our future together and that future includes more children, getting married and growing old together. “I’ll go see where he is,” She says and stands up as Niall comes back in to the room followed by Harry and a nurse.

“Everything alright?” The nurse asks as Noelle exits the room anyway.

“Yes I’d like to sit up,” I say to the nurse and flash Harry a reassuring smile. He looks alarmed.

“I may have over reacted,” Niall mutters sheepishly as he rubs the back of his neck.

“Ya think?” Harry grumbles and when the nurse has finished helping me sit up he walks around to the other side of the bed and sits on the chair by the bed. He takes one of hands. “Did you sleep alright?” He asks.

“I slept fine Harry, stop worrying about me. Have you been home?” I ask.

“Not yet I don’t want to leave,” He pouts at me and I smile.

“Go home and get some rest,” I order.

“But I don’t wanna,” He frowns.

“Harold go home!”

“But Jess!” He whines.

“I’ll be here for a while; I’ll call you if anything happens.” Niall interjects.

“If anything at all changes I want to know Niall,” Harry narrows his eyes at Niall and stares at him a moment. “Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” He asks while squeezing my hand and leaning over from the chair to put his lips on my cheek.

“I’ll be fine Harry,” I tell him with a soft smile. I sweep his messy curls out of his face and lean in to kiss him.